Bridges After-School Program
Bridges After School Program
CHECK US OUT - www.sanjuan.edu/Domain/6737
Building Bridges to Student Success
The San Juan Unified School District's Bridges After-School/ASSETs Programs provide homework support, enrichment and pro-social recreation in a safe and positive environment. The Bridges After-School/ASSETs Programs currently serve approximately 3,000 students, grades K-12, at 30 sites. Student success is supported through the implementation of each of the four components of the program: Homework support, enrichment/disguised learning, pro-social skills/recreation, and parent support and empowerment. Strong relationships between program staff, school staff, parents and students are key!
- Support student academic achievement to meet state standards.
- Increase self-esteem and improve life-skills.
- Offer positive interaction in a safe and enriching environment.
- Prepare students for 21st Century success through technology.
- Involve and support parents/guardians in developing positive family interaction.
Student ParticipationThe Bridges After-School Program is open to all San Juan Unified School District students at participating sites. Students are referred to the program by administrators, teachers, parents, or by self-referral; space is limited. The program operates each day school is in session from the end of the regular school day until at least 6:00 PM. Actual program time varies depending on location. Parents are responsible for providing transportation for their student at the end of each day.
The Bridges After-School Program charges a registration fee and monthly participation fees. Rates are purposefully kept as low as possible to ensure that San Juan Unified School District parents are able to access services at the lowest cost possible. In addition, full and partial scholarships are available based on need. Please contact Debbie Timpson, at 971-5933, for more information regarding scholarships.
Registration Fee: A $30, nonrefundable, registration fee is due at the time of confirmed enrollment. Please do not make a payment until enrollment is confirmed by telephone.
Program Participation Fees:
- Monthly fees are determined using a sliding scale based on a student’s free or reduced lunch rate eligibility.
- All fee rates include early release Thursdays and all other scheduled minimum days.
- Fees are calculated with all non-school days during the school year (including holidays) considered. Fees will not be applied for school year program days in August or June. The regular year monthly rate will be applied for, each month, from September through May.
- Where summer programs are available, the fee will be for one month and include participation for summer programming days available in June and July, beginning in 2014.
Lunch Eligibility Status Monthly Rate
To register, complete Bridges After-School Program enrollment forms. Forms may be obtained from participating programs, schools, on-line at www.sanjuan.edu/bridgesafterschool, or by calling a regional office. Once forms are completed and processed, parents will receive an enrollment confirmation.