Mission Parking Lot Procedures
(updated Aug. 2021)
These procedures are to assist you in understanding how to use the school parking lot. If you should have any questions or concerns regarding these procedures, please call the office at (916) 575-2362.
Automobiles may use available parking spaces that are not marked for use by STAFF. Those spaces are designated for STAFF and are painted. They may enter for access to parking or may enter the waiting line in order proceed to the Pick Up/Drop Off zone. Drivers must remain in their cars in the Pick Up/Drop Off zones. Please keep speed as low as possible and remain off cell phones.
The crosswalk will be supervised by a staff member 10 minutes prior to the start of the school day. There will be no crosswalk supervision in the morning until 10 minutes prior to the bell ringing, though there is occasional supervision in order to determine compliance.
The crosswalk within our parking lot will be supervised by a staff member at the end of the school day until most of the traffic has subsided. There may be occasional supervisioin in order to determine compliance.
Mission Avenue Crosswalk:
As this crossing is controlled by a signal light and is not within the purview of the school site or SJUSD, there will be no assigned supervisor.
- Parents/guardians and students must use the crosswalk only in our parking lot. All parents and staff are expected to set an example of safe practices for our students.
- Students exiting a vehicle must immediately enter the school grounds.
- Students waiting to enter a vehicle must wait within our gates until their ride arrives in the Pick Up zone.
- Please encourage your child to be prepared to enter and exit your vehicle quickly.
- Students are to wait for their driver/parent in the waiting area on the blacktop behind the fence after school dismissal.
- If a student is not picked up within 20 minutes of the end of school, he/she will be sent to the school office until the parent/driver arrives to pick them up. There is no supervision 20 minutes after school gets out.
- If your child has not been picked up and you have not called the school office within 20 minutes after the end of school, the school office will call your listed emergency contacts. In the event that no emergency contacts respond, local law enforcement will be contacted.
Pick Up/Drop Off Zone:
This zone is designed to be a single Pick Up line. Do not double park under any circumstances. Do not block any handicap spaces. If your child is not ready to be picked up or is not there within a few minutes for Pick Up, please exit the zone and drive around again. A staff member will be there to ensure student safety at Pick Up within 20 minutes of the end of the school day. You must follow the staff members instructions to ensure a smooth and safe Pick Up for all families.
The entrance to the parking lot is located on Bertis Drive. The exit is located on Mission Avenue. Please do not use the entrance as an exit or the exit as an entrance.
"Drive Through" Zone:
This lane is provided for you to easily access parking to proceed through the parking lot and to use as you leave the Drop Off zone. Never use this lane as a waiting lane or as a Pick Up/Drop Off lane.
The fire zone is marked red and located at the front of the school. It is marked "No Parking." Please do not park here for any reason at any time.
Vehicles may use available parking spaces that are not marked for use by STAFF. Those spaces are designated for STAFF and are painted. You may park in any other open space that is not specifically designated for STAFF.
There are times when there is insufficient parking on-site. Please be considerate of our neighbors. Please do not park in the apartment complexes near or across from the school - your car will be towed.
Parking Lot Privileges:
Please keep in mind that the parking lot is a privilege to use. Those refusing to drive safely or who refuse to abide by the procedures may have their parking lot privilege suspended and law enforcement will be contacted.