Mission Parking Lot Procedures
(updated March 2019)
These procedures are to assist you in understanding how to use the school parking lot. If you should have any questions regarding these procedures, please call the office at (916) 575-2362.
Times in effect daily - 6:45 AM to 3:00 PM.
Automobiles may use available parking spaces that are not marked for use by STAFF. Those spaces are designated for STAFF and are painted. They may enter and use the "through" lane for accessing parking or may enter the waiting line in order proceed to the Pick Up/Drop Off zone. Do not leave your car, parked idling or otherwise, in the zone during Pick Up/Drop Off times. Please keep speed as low as possible and remain off cell phones.
The crosswalk will be supervised by parent volunteers or staff from 10 minutes prior to the start of the school day. There will be no crosswalk supervision in the morning until 10 minutes prior to the bell ringing, though there is occasional supervision in order to determine compliance.
The crosswalk within our parking lot will be supervised by parent volunteers or staff from the end of the school day until most of the traffic has subsided. There will be occasional supervision in order to determine compliance.
Mission Avenue Crossing:
As this crossing is controlled by a signal light and is not within the purview of the school site or SJUSD, there will be no assigned supervisor.
- Students crossing the parking lot are to use the crosswalk only. Parents are expected to set an example to the children and use the crosswalk also.
- Students exiting a vehicle are to immediately proceed to the school grounds.
- Students waiting to enter a vehicle may not enter the parking lot. They are to wait until their ride arrives in the Pick Up zone.
- Please encourage your child to be prepared to enter and exit your vehicle quickly.
- Students are to wait for their driver/parent in the waiting area on the blacktop behind the fence after school dismissal.
- If a student is not picked up within 20 minutes of the end of school, he/she will be sent to the school office until the parent/driver arrives to pick them up. There is no supervision 20 minutes after school gets out.
- If your child has not been picked up and you have not called the school office within 20 minutes after the end of school, the school office will call your listed emergency contacts. In the event that no emergency contacts respond, local law enforcement will be contacted.
Pick Up/Drop Off Zone:
This zone is designed to be a single Pick Up line. Do not double park under any circumstances. Do not block any handicap spaces. If your child is not ready to be picked up or is not there within a few minutes for Pick Up, please exit the zone and drive around again. A staff member will be there to ensure student safety at Pick Up within 20 minutes of the end of the school day. You must follow the staff members instructions to ensure a smooth and safe Pick Up for all families.
The entrance to the parking lot is located on Bertis Drive. The exit is located on Mission Avenue. Please do not use the entrance as an exit or the exit as an entrance.
Drive Through Zone:
This lane is provided for you to easily access parking, to proceed through the parking lot, and to use as you leave the drop off zone. Never use this lane as a waiting lane or as a Pick Up/Drop Off lane.
The fire zone is marked red and located at the front of the school. It is marked "No Parking." Please do not park here for any reason at any time.
Vehicles may use available parking spaces that are not marked for use by STAFF. Those spaces are designated for STAFF and are painted. You may park in any other open space that is not specifically designated for STAFF.
There are times when there is insufficient parking on-site. Please be considerate of our neighbors. Please do not park in the apartment complexes near or across from the school - your car will be towed.
Parking Lot Privileges:
Please keep in mind that the parking lot is a privilege to use. Those refusing to drive safely or who refuse to abide by the procedures may have their parking lot privilege suspended and law enforcement will be contacted.