CTE Construction Summer Internship
The CTE Construction Summer Internship is a four-week summer program for students with interest in the construction field.
Any current junior (11th grade) student enrolled in a San Juan Unified School District (SJUSD) high school can apply.
WHAT IS AN INTERNSHIP?
An internship is a position of a student or trainee who works in an organization, sometimes without pay, in order to gain work experience or satisfy requirements for a qualification.
WHAT IS THE CTE SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM?
Students are placed in workplace learning environments for 40 hours per week for 4 weeks, and attend weekly classes to improve workplace soft skills. Students experience real life work situations through working on the jobsite. Students are paid.
- Students must be current juniors and enrolled in a SJUSD high school.
- Eligible for a work permit from your school.
- The program in the summer of 2020 will run from June 15th - July 10th. Student must commit to attend the entire 4-week program.
- Students are at their workplaces approximately 40 hours per week for 4 weeks.
- Weekly classes, which are in addition to workplace hours, will be held additional hours per week.
- Students will receive 10 elective credits posted on the transcript as Construction.
- All applications have been received.
- Students must also submit to their high school CTE teacher the following, gathered in a packet:
- a copy of the responses from this form that will be emailed to you when it is submitted.
- a statement, in letter form, addressing your "why" as it pertains to this opportunity.
- a resume.
- a sealed letter of recommendation.
ALL FORMS AND PAPERWORK MUST BE TURNED IN TO YOUR CTE Teacher - By April 13th, 2020
- Students with completed materials and accepted will be invited by to a panel interview.
- Invitations for interviews will be issued by April 20, 2020.
- Interviews will take place in late-April.
- Upon a successful interview, students will be notified if accepted into the program. Internship placements will be offered in early-May.
- Student and parent/guardian attend an information meeting in mid-May.
- Student and parent/guardian sign and submit SJUSD Summer School registration and other district forms. Student's will receive 10 elective credits for participation.
- Family Orientation Session will be held in mid-May.
- If a student accepts an offered placement, they are expected to commit to participating in the program.
Please apply by completing the Google form here
For more information please contact:
Fred Larsh at email@example.com or call (916) 971-7163.