6th Grade IBMYP Supplies List
Here’s a list to get you started with back to school shopping. This list will get your student off to a great start. Also, it is NOT necessary to bring every supply on the first day but please by the third day.
Recommended Distance Learning List:
- Spiral notebook ideally large enough to glue 8.5” X 11” paper onto spiral pages but an inexpensive smaller one will work you will just have to trim papers (This will be your science journal and needs to be just for science, no other classes.
- Metric ruler, can have non-metric on it if needed.
- Non-digital thermometer either Celsius or Fahrenheit or both. Should be fairly short.
Hybrid or In Class List: Highly Recommended for all classes, Required for all Diplomats:
Plenty of pencils and a large eraser
Pen, blue or black ink
Spiral notebook ideally larger than 8.5” X 11” to allow gluing paper onto spiral pages but an inexpensive 8.5" X 11" one will work, you will just have to trim papers (This will be your lab journal and is just for science, brought every day to class)
Required for all teaching models:
- Good attitude or at least the closest attitude you have to a pleasant one
- Willingness to learn and to consider the possibilities
Optional but useful for all classes: Supplies will need to be replenished throughout the year
- 3-ring binder that zips
- binder paper (large quantities)
- pencil pouch
- a pencil sharpener that collects and holds shavings
- more blue or black pens
- binder dividers (one package - we will use 2-3, leftovers can be used in other classes)
- colored pencils
- metric ruler or a ruler that has a metric side to it
- glue sticks
- backpack (think small – must fit in tiny locker!)
When we get to the Hybrid Model or other in Class - Classroom Donations: optional donations but much appreciated any time this year!
- Clorox wipes
- Sharpies – ultrafine and fine (students are not allowed to have personal supplies of Sharpies on campus)
- Pencil erasers
- Candy for our Student of the week and related reward program