You can search the Course Management Portal to see courses that fulfill A-G requirements at https://hs-articulation.ucop.edu/agcourselist.
A-G requirements are the courses that students need to take and pass to be eligible to apply to any UC/CSU directly out of high school. High school level math or world language classes during middle school can use these courses towards the below requirements for A-G. All classes must be passed with a "C" or better. Math and world language classes taken and passed during middle school will count towards meeting these requirements. Math and world language courses can be validated by a higer level course. Validation specifics can be seen on the UCOP site, or ask your counselor.
- History/social science (“a”) – Two years, including one year of world history, cultures and historical geography and one year of U.S. history, or one-half year of U.S. history and one-half year of American government or civics.
- English (“b”) – Four years of college preparatory English that integrates reading of classic and modern literature, frequent and regular writing, and practice listening and speaking.
- Mathematics (“c”) – Three years of college-preparatory mathematics that include or integrate the topics covered in elementary and advanced algebra and two- and three-dimensional geometry.
- Laboratory science (“d”) – Two years of laboratory science providing fundamental knowledge in at least two of the three disciplines of biology, chemistry and physics.
- Language other than English (“e”) – Two years of the same language other than English or equivalent to the second level of high school instruction.
- Visual and performing arts (“f”) – One year chosen from dance, music, theater or the visual arts.
- College-preparatory elective (“g”) – One year chosen from the “a-f” courses beyond those used to satisfy the requirements above, or courses that have been approved solely in the elective area.