Personal Meeting Settings
*New* Zoom "Security" Icon Once You Start Your Meeting
Tips and Tricks
- Password protect your meetings
- Control who can screen share in settings
- Disable Join Before Host in settings
- Mute everyone’s microphones
- Consider disabling the chat box
- Consider using the Waiting Room options
- Lock a meeting once it starts
- Pay attention to your surroundings
When using Zoom:
- protect student data privacy.
- ensure student activity in Zoom rooms is monitored to prevent cyberbullying, inappropriate language/content, etc.
- prevent "Zoombombing.” Zoombombing is when someone hacks into a Zoom room and then shows inappropriate content to the people there.
- Improve functionality in Zoom (and reduce freezing and “lag”) by only using webcams, for example, when needed
Change Virtual Background
Last Modified on April 28, 2020