- You can share it easily with your friends.
- Highlight specific areas using your mouse.
- Drawing tools while recording.
- The free version is limited to 5 minutes only.
- The free version lets you record up to 50 videos per month.
- The free version puts a watermark on the recorded video.
- You can’t export the video in an MP4 format.
* Teachers: Free premium version available during closures. Email Sloan for code and details.
- You can trim videos.
- The free version lets you record up to 15 minutes while Screencastify allows you to record a maximum of 10 minutes only.
- You can record as many videos as you want.
- The paid version has an automated Speech to Text feature.
- You can export the video in an MP4 format.
- They have an iOS version (free) so you can use it on your iPhone or iPad and send the recorded video to your desktop computer for editing.
- You can’t draw while recording, unlike Screencastify.
- The free version records up to 15 minutes.
- Editing is limited in the free version.
Saving as a Video File - Saves onto your computer and is great for posting to a website or emailing
Uploading to Screencastomatic - Requires you to get a free account, but allows you to store it on the site