The San Juan Unified School District's central enrollment center is currently closed to the public due to the shelter in place order. At this time, we are still accepting enrollments for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year and the 2020-2021 school year. Enrollments are currently processed through our new remote online enrollment process. Please see below for more information and instructions.
Online Remote Enrollment Process:
Step 1 - Fill out an Enrollment Request Form:
Fill out the request form if you need assistance with enrolling your child for either this current school year (19/20) or next school year (20/21). We ask that you fill out all questions completely and submit one request form for each child you wish to enroll. Please be advised that for the safety and security of all children only biological parents or legal guardians may enroll a child into our district.
Step 2 - Review of your Enrollment Request Form:
After submission of your Online Request Form, a representative from the Admissions and Family Services Department will be assigned to review your request and will reach out to you via email to assist with the enrollment. Due to the high amount of enrollments, please allow up to 72 hours to receive an email from our team.
Step 3 - Submit Enrollment Documents:
The email that you receive from the enrollment technician will specify which documents are required to enroll your child. Use this link to upload documents to our secure online document dropbox: San Juan Central Enrollment - Online Document Dropbox
Enrollment documents may include:
- Proof of Birth (birth certificate, passport, permanent resident card, baptismal certificate, or any official proof of birth document)
- Immunization record ( please click here for information on immunization requirements)
- Two Proofs of residence in San Juan Unified School District (current mortgage statement, property tax bill, or rental/lease agreement and current utility bill such as SMUD, PG&E, water).
- Individualized Educational Plan (if applicable)
- Shared residence form (if applicable)
- Guardianship/Custody documents (if applicable)
Step 4 - Enrollment Processing:
Upon successful receipt of the required enrollment forms and documents, the enrollment technician assigned to assist you will contact you via email to confirm that your student has been enrolled. Please be advised that the enrollment technician may contact you for questions, clarification, or if more information is needed during the processing of your child(s) enrollment.
* For general enrollment questions or questions about a student that is currently enrolled in San Juan Unified School District, please email email@example.com. Due to the high number of inquiries, please allow 24-48 hours for a reply from a representative of our enrollment department.
* For more information about Kindergarten enrollment, please visit our main enrollment webpage by clicking here.
San Juan Unified School District Overload Policy: (TO BE READ AT THE TIME OF STUDENT REGISTRATION.) The San Juan Unified School District welcomes you to our school community and district. We need to make you aware that the enrollment at the school where your student has been placed is changing due to increasing over enrollment within your attendance boundary. Consequently, it is difficult to guarantee that your child will be placed in your home school. We want to assure you that we will make every effort to do so; however, it may be necessary to place some children in other district schools in order to comply with state laws and district policies regarding class size. The San Juan Unified School District has a procedure by which this move must occur. Actual date of enrollment determines who is placed at schools when overcrowding occurs
District programs and activities shall be free from discrimination based on actual or perceived sex, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, nationality, national origin, immigration status, ethnicity, ethnic group identification, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.