How to Create a Kahoot! Quiz
How to Create a Kahoot! Quiz
- Go to https://kahoot.com, click Log in and enter your Kahoot account.
- Click the Create button on the top right corner of the screen or click on any of the Kahoot activity types to begin creating.
- To create a multiple-choice quiz, click Quiz.
- In Kahoot! Quiz settings:
- Enter the quiz name, a description of what the quiz is about, privacy status, language preference and audience.
- You can upload your own cover image or select images from the Kahoot! image library.
- If you want the students to see an introductory video while they are waiting for the Kahoot! to begin, add a YouTube video link in the ‘Intro video’ box.
- Click OK, Go and then Add Question when the Question screen pops up.
- In Kahoot! Question setup:
- Input questions and answer choices, where questions have a 95-character limit. You can also upload questions via spreadsheet using the Quiz spreadsheet template.
- Indicate the correct answer choice. You can have from 1 to all correct answers.
- Adjust time limits and toggle points on or off.
- Add an image or YouTube video to the questions as a prompt.
- Questions can be reordered by dragging to the desired location.
- Once you’re done adding all the questions, click Save.
- Click I’m Done. Now, you can edit, play or share the Kahoot! Quiz.
Hosting Kahoot! Step by Step Guide
How to Play Kahoot! Tutorial
How to Play Kahoot!
- Go to kahoot.com and login to your account.
- At the top of menu, click Kahoots tab.
- In Kahoots Quiz page,
a. Select the check box of a Kahoots quiz you want to play.
b. Click Play.
- Choose Classic (player vs. players) or Team mode (team vs. team with shared devices)
Note: In “Game Options,” you can customize point bonuses, name generator (auto-generated nickname to maintain student anonymity), randomization of questions and answers, two-step join for extra security (students enter the game pin and select the correct pattern), automatic transitions, and game pin display.
- The screen will now display the game lobby with the Game Pin # and joining instructions.
- Students enter the Pin # in Kahoot! mobile app or at kahoot.it on their devices (computer or mobile) and click Enter.
- Students enter a nickname and click OK, go! button, which will populate on your screen in the game lobby.
Note: Students also have an option of selecting an auto-generated nickname.
- You will see students that joined this Kahoot! Click Start on your screen to begin the game.
- The question and answer choices will be displayed on your screen, whereas student screens will display on the answer buttons.
Note: Students will select the answer choice corresponding to the button with the same color and shape as the answer choice.
- Once all the players have answered the question, the correct answer and a bar graph with the overall snapshot of the class responses will be displayed on the instructor’s screen.
- Click Next to move to the next question.
- At the end of each question, the Leaderboard will display the top five scorers.
- Once the game is over, winner information will be displayed in the Podium and the student screen will show their personal results and rank.
- Click Get Results to be able to save an Excel spreadsheet with results of student responses and scores.
Note: Students can rate the Kahoot quiz, and you can save those results as well.
Last Modified on May 2, 2020