For information and updates regarding Fall 2020 - visit www.sanjuan.edu/fall2020.
The San Juan Unified School District central enrollment center is open to the public by appointments on a limited basis. We are currently enrolling students for the 2020-2021 school year. Please use the calendar tool below to schedule your 20 minute enrollment appointment. Please read the information on the bottom half of this page prior to your enrollment appointment. Parent/Legal Guardians are responsible for bringing the required enrollment documents to their enrollment appointment. If you prefer to enroll your student using our remote online enrollment option instead, please submit a request form on our remote enrollment webpage.
** San Juan Central Enrollment will be OPEN by appointment on the following Saturdays in August: August 1st, August 8th, and August 15th. Please schedule your 20 minute enrollment appointment using the calendar tool below.Important information below. Please read prior to enrollment appointment.Please be advised that for the safety and security of all children only biological parents or legal guardians may enroll a child into our district. The person who enrolls any child will be required to present the following documentation:
- TWO PROOFS OF RESIDENCE:
- CURRENT mortgage/property tax bill or rental/lease agreement AND A
- CURRENT utility bill (SMUD, PG & E or WATER) with correct name and address
- Shared Residency Affidavit, if applicable
- In addition:
- Proof of Age: To prove age, Education Code section 48002 permits school districts to accept the following:
- Certified copy of birth record
- Statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth
- Baptism certificate
- When none of the foregoing is obtainable, an affidavit of the parent, guardian, or custodian, or any other appropriate means of proving the child’s age
* confirmation that immunization is not recommended based on the child's physical or medical condition* identification of which vaccines are being exempted* a statement of whether the medical exemption is permanent or temporary* signed and dated by the medical providerDue to the county and health safety guidelines, the enrollment center is limited on the number of people it can accommodate. In addition to that, please use a face mask when you enter the building for your enrollment appointment. An reminder email will be sent to you 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP) if your child is receiving special education services
- Guardianship / Custody papers (if applicable)
- Immunization record: Complete record of immunizations for child (TDAP required for Grades 7-12)
- All immunizations must be current as required by California State Law (Health and Safety Code, Sections 120325-120375 (formerly Sections 3380-3390); California Code of Regulations, Title 17, Sections 6000-6075)
- Although SB277 does not allow for personal belief exemptions, it does allow for medical and home schooling/independent study exemptions. The medical exemption can only be obtained from a licensed medical doctor (M.D.) or a doctor of osteopathic medicine (D.O.). There is not a specific form for the medical exemption. Instead, a doctor must generate a letter on official letterhead with the following information:
* For general enrollment questions or questions about a student that is currently enrolled in San Juan Unified School District, please email email@example.com. Due to the high number of inquiries, please allow 24-48 hours for a reply from a representative of our enrollment department.
* For more information about Kindergarten enrollment, please visit our main enrollment webpage by clicking here.
* For district updates, parent resources, student resources, and more please visit www.sanjuan.edu/fall2020.