For information and district updates regarding Fall 2020 - visit www.sanjuan.edu/Fall2020.
Remote Online Enrollment
Welcome to the San Juan Unified School District's online enrollment webpage. At this time, we are still accepting enrollments for the 2020-2021 school year. Enrollments are currently processed through our new remote online enrollment process. Please see below for more information and instructions on how to enroll your student through our online enrollment option. For the safety of our students, only biological parents, legal guardians, or notarized caregivers should submit an online enrollment request.
In order to submit an enrollment request online for a new or returning student, please click on the link at the bottom of this section to be re-directed to our online pre-enrollment website.
Prior to submitting an enrollment request, please review the following pieces of information:
- A valid email address is required to submit an online pre-enrollment. We recommend that you use an email address that you will remember and be able to use to receive district and school communication.
- Carefully read the page instructions on all of the Pre-enrollment pages. You will need to complete the information on all of the required sections (Household, Primary Contacts, Emergency Contacts, and Documentation). Example:
- If you are submitting an online enrollment request for more than one student, make sure that all of the students are listed on the Students section otherwise we will not receive a request for that student and you will not receive a confirmation email. If you add a student after you have submitted your first request, you will not receive a confirmation email.
- Please make sure that all required documents are successfully attached to the pre-enrollment request prior to submitting. You can double check by looking at the Documentation screen on the left banner. Enrollment is not complete until all of the documents have been verified and approved by a San Juan Unified School District enrollment technician. Enrollments are not processed until all required documentation has been received.
- In the Documentation screen, please select the documentation that pertains to the respective student (proof of birth document, immunization record, transcript, IEP, etc). See example below:
- On the Final Steps screen, make sure to click on "Submit Completed Pre-enrollment". If you successfully submit your completed pre-enrollment request, the status on the left banner will change from 'Not Submitted to District' to 'Submitted to District'
Frequenly Asked Questions
Q: What is the next step after submitting my online pre-enrollment request?
A: You will receive a confirmation email stating that your request has been received. At that time, your request will be assigned to an enrollment technician for processing. The technician will contact you via email or phone once the enrollment is complete. Please monitor your email frequently and allow 24-48 hours for processing.
Q: How do I know what my school of residence is?
A: You can locate your student's assigned school(s) by using our school finder tool: SJUSD school finder website. Please be aware that if your assigned school of residence if over-enrolled, your student may need to be overloaded a nearby school that does have space. The technician assigned to process your online enrollment request will contact you and explain this process if this occurs.
Q: What if I am interested in a school other than my school of residence?
A: In order to request a school other than your resident school, you will need to submit an intra-district transfer application. More information can be found by visiting our Transfers webpage.
Q: Is my child old enough to be eligible for Kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year?
A: Children must be five years old by September 1, 2020 to be eligible for Kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year. Children who turn five years old between September 2 and December 2nd are eligible for Transitional Kindergarten. For more information, click here to visit our Kindergarten enrollment webpage.
Q: What documents are required to enroll my student?
A: Enrollment documents may include:
- Proof of Birth (birth certificate, passport, permanent resident card, baptismal certificate, or any official proof of birth document)
- Immunization record ( please click here for information on immunization requirements)
- Two Proofs of residence in San Juan Unified School District (current mortgage statement, property tax bill, or rental/lease agreement and current utility bill such as SMUD, PG&E, water).
- Individualized Educational Plan (if applicable)
- Shared residence form (if applicable)
- Guardianship/Custody documents (if applicable)
Q: Who can I contact if I have any questions about the online enrollment process, required documents, or online pre-enrollment website?
A: Please contact the San Juan Central Enrollment center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 916-726-5826. You can also find general enrollment information on our home page by clicking here.
Q: Where can I find information about distance learning, homeschool program, or the start of the 2020-2021 school year?
A: Please visit the district Fall 2020 website regularly to get updates and important information on the 2020-2021 school year.
Q: What if my child needs a chromebook for distance learning?
A: After your online enrollment request has been processed and your student is enrolled, please visit the Parent Portal to create an account. Once you have your Parent Portal pin and password, go to the Re-enrollment section of parent portal and click on your student. Then select 'Computer and Internet Availability' and answer the questions on this page.
* For general enrollment questions or questions about a student that is currently enrolled in San Juan Unified School District, please email email@example.com. Due to the high number of inquiries, please allow 24-48 hours for a reply from a representative of our enrollment department.
* For more information about Kindergarten enrollment, please visit our main enrollment webpage by clicking here.
* For district updates, parent resources, student resources, and more please visit www.sanjuan.edu/COVID19.
San Juan Unified School District Overload Policy: (TO BE READ AT THE TIME OF STUDENT REGISTRATION.)
The San Juan Unified School District welcomes you to our school community and district. We need to make you aware that the enrollment at the school where your student has been placed is changing due to increasing over enrollment within your attendance boundary. Consequently, it is difficult to guarantee that your child will be placed in your home school. We want to assure you that we will make every effort to do so; however, it may be necessary to place some children in other district schools in order to comply with state laws and district policies regarding class size. The San Juan Unified School District has a procedure by which this move must occur. Actual date of enrollment determines who is placed at schools when overcrowding occur
District programs and activities shall be free from discrimination based on actual or perceived sex, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, nationality, national origin, immigration status, ethnicity, ethnic group identification, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
San Juan Unified School District
San Juan Central Enrollment — Admissions and Family Services
E: firstname.lastname@example.org — P: (916) 726-5826