READY TO GET INVOLVED?
The teachers and students at Cowan need you!
Being involved in your child's school is so rewarding! Our volunteers are what sets Cowan apart from other schools. The more you engage with the school community, the more rewarding your experience at Cowan will be.
There are so many ways to be involved:
- Volunteer in your child's classroom*: Help with centers, prepare materials, make photocopies, read to kids, grade homework, drive on fieldtrips, host classroom parties. All these support roles help enrich your child's experience here at Cowan.
- Attend PTC meetings: PTC meets once a month and needs the input and feedback of our Cowan families as we support our students and teachers and build community.
- Serve as chairperson for PTC events: Each PTC event needs a chairperson to organize and execute the event with the support of parent committees.
- Join a PTC event committee: Help plan and prepare for PTC events. Each committee needs willing parents, guardians and grandparents with differing abilities and time commitments to make sure that the events run smoothly.
- Be a traffic/safety parent before and after school*: Help keep our students safe as they arrive and leave campus daily.
- Serve as a class art docent*: Use district resource guides and materials to teach an art lesson to a class of eager children.
- Scan your everyday receipts with the Box Tops for Educationapp to raise money while buying your regular household purchases. Search for “J Cowan Fundamental Elementary” to locate our school.
- Use Amazon Smileso that Amazon will donate 0.5% of your eligible charity list purchases at no extra cost to you. Search for James R Cowan Fundamental School Parent Club” to locate our school.
- *During the pandemic, in-person volunteer opportunities are subject to state, county, and district guidelines and approval.
It is very rewarding to see the smiles on the children's faces and the squeals of excitement as students benefit from your help and involvement.
- Please contact us at email@example.com learn more about how you can help.
Last Modified on August 19, 2021