Field Trip Volunteer Requirements
San Juan Unified School District recognizes that the safety needs on field trips often extend beyond the capacity of staff, thereby making volunteers an essential component of the field trip process. As such volunteers will be permitted on field trips with COVID mitigation measures in place. (As of Sept. 8, other volunteers are not permitted. Additional volunteer types/opportunities will be authorized as the district implements systems and processes to ensure vaccination status or testing in compliance with the state health order.)
To be provided the opportunity to participate as a field trip volunteer, the volunteer must show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test result prior to the field trip as follows:
- Prior to the field trip, volunteers will show proof of full vaccination as a part of the field trip approval process. Full vaccination requires having received both doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or, a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine at least two weeks prior.
- Volunteers will show proof of a negative COVID 19 test.
- Antigen Test - A negative antigen test result may be used. The volunteer must show proof of their negative test and it must have been administered within 24 hours of departure of the field trip. (Volunteers who deliver negative test results within the 24-hour window of the field trip but the test was administered prior to the 24-hour window will be turned away from the volunteer opportunity.)
- PCR Test- A negative PCR test result may be used. The volunteer must show proof of their negative test and it must have been administered within 72 hours of departure of the field trip. Results received for tests administered more than 72 hours prior to the trip are not acceptable. (Volunteers who deliver negative test results within the 72-hour window of the field trip but the test was administered prior to the 72-hour window will be turned away from the volunteer opportunity.)
- Home tests are not a permissible option and will not be accepted.
How do I get tested?
Volunteers may be tested at existing testing locations (click here for dates and times of district testing locations)
Volunteers may be tested (using the antigen test) at the school site if a trained tester is available within 24 hours of the field trip’s departure. This service is only available at the discretion of the San Juan Unified School District and our testing partners as supplies from the state allow. It may not be utilized for screening or symptomatic testing purposes.