The Family and Community Engagement team at San Juan USD would like to invite you to join us for:
Thank you for joining us at our first annual Families Matter conference on March 26. To access recordings of workshop sessions, please click here.
Join the SJUSD Family and Community Engagement (FACE) department for an interactive, virtual family experience! The 2022 Families Matter Conference will include a variety of guest speakers and family workshop presenters, including the renowned family engagement expert, Dr. Karen Mapp! Parents, guardians, and caregivers will have a wide array of family topics to choose from- all with the goal of helping to strengthen parent, family, and community engagement, promote child development, and improve student achievement!
We look forward to having you join us to learn more about educational tools, family resources, and community support to help further enrich your child's education. Some examples of the conference workshop topics include:
- Ways to support learning at home for all ages
- Social Emotional/Mental Health supports for students & families
- Celebrating diversity and culture
- Special Education support for families
- Building inclusive, supportive spaces at home
- Healthy family communication
- Bullying prevention
- Substance/Vaping/Tobacco awareness
- Restorative practices/Positive Behavior Intervention Supports (PBIS) for families
- Family Leadership Opportunities
- And much more!
Families Matter Conference Schedule
Opening and Key Note 9 - 9:45 a.m.
SESSION 1 9:45 - 10:20 a.m.
Raffle & Positive Affirmations with Project Optimism 10:20 - 10:30 a.m.
SESSION 2 10:30 - 11:10 a.m.
Raffle & Family Mindfulness 11:10 - 11:20 a.m.
Session 3 11:20 - 12 p.m.
Closing & Final Raffle 12 - 12:15 p.m.