Should you wish to contact the transfer desk regarding the transfer process or to follow up on any transfer submitted, please call Erin Purvis at (916) 979-8876 or email email@example.com
Intra district transfers for the current school year of 2018-2019 will not be accepted during the Open Enrollment Lottery.
Intradistrict transfers:What is an Intradistrict transfer?
An Intradistrict Transfer is a request for a child to attend a school other than their resident school in the current year.
If you are interested in your child attending a different school for the following school year it is recommended you go through Open Enrollment.
Who is eligible?
All families who reside within the boundaries of San Juan Unified School District (SJUSD).
**If you do not live in the SJUSD boundary area please see Interdistrict applications.**
When and where can I submit an application?
Families are encouraged to apply through the Open Enrollment Lottery between Dec. 3, 2018 - Jan. 18, 2019, for possible space at the requested school in the 2019-2020 school year. The Open Enrollment Lottery gives families the best possibility of getting into a requested school. For further information on Open Enrollment click here.
If you miss the Open Enrollment Lottery and wish to submit a transfer for the 2019-2020 school year, the window for submission of Intradistrict Transfers will be from March 1, 2019 through May 1, 2019.
Is there anything else I should be aware of?
What is an Interdistrict Transfer?
- Intradistrict Transfers are either approved or denied based on space availability and other criteria.
- If your request is denied, your child will be placed on the waiting list after the students that went through the Open Enrollment Lottery. There will be no priority for students with siblings at the requested school or to children of employees in the San Juan Unified School District on the waiting list.
- ALL waiting lists expire on December 31st every year.
- The Open Enrollment Application counts as your Intradistrict transfer for the year.
- Once an Intradistrict Transfer is approved the requested school becomes the resident school.
- Only ONE request may be submitted per year, whether granted or denied.
- There is NO busing transportation available for Intradistrict Transfer students. Parents are responsible for transportation to and from school.
- Intradistrict Transfers may be revoked due to overcrowding, poor attendance, credit deficiency, behavior, etc.
- Special education placements need to reviewed by the Special Education Department before a transfer is approved.
An Interdistrict Transfer is special permission a child is given to attend a school outside their resident district.
The initial submission window for incoming Interdistrict requests for the 2019-2020 school year is January 2, 2019 through February 28, 2019. When the number of applicants exceeds the number of Interdistrict Transfers that can be accepted due to space, students will be selected by a random drawing of applications.
After the close of the priority window on February 28, 2019, Interdistrict transfer applications will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
**If you live within the boundaries of San Juan Unified School District please see Intradistrict information.**
What is the process coming into San Juan Unified?
- First, you must submit an interdistrict transfer request to your district of residence. Please make sure to include a copy of your child's attendance, behavior, grades, and IEP (if applicable) with your request. Once your district of residence releases your child(ren) they will mail the interdistrict request to SJUSD.
- Second, SJUSD reviews your application and approves or denies based on space availability and other criteria. You will be notified of the outcome via mail or phone.
- Third, if San Juan Unified School District (SJUSD) approves your application you will have to enroll your child at San Juan Central before they can attend school in SJUSD.
The San Juan Unified School District does not discriminate based on age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ethnic group, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or any other unlawful consideration.
- First you submit an application to San Juan Central via mail or in person. All interdistrict transfer requests must be accompanied by documentation to justify the reason for the transfer request.
- Second, San Juan Central will approve or deny your request. If the application is approved, San Juan Central will mail the approved application to the requested district for their review. If your application is denied by SJUSD, you will be notified via mail.
- Third, you will have to complete the withdrawal process from your current SJUSD school.
- Fourth, complete the enrollment process at the requested district.
Last Modified on Friday at 4:19 PM