We will implement effective teaching strategies such as collaborative learning, arts integration, and critical thinking across all content areas to ensure academic rigor and student engagement.
We will teach and model positive character traits that include respect, responsibility, and safety to ensure students and adults feel secure and contribute to a quality “Barrett Experience.”
- We will develop activities and assessments for all subject areas that use and measure critical thinking skills.
- We will implement cooperative learning strategies school-wide that encourage student engagement and academic success.
- We will ensure that staff members from all subject areas understand and implement arts integration to promote curiosity and critical thinking.
We will prepare students for the 21st century through the use of current and relevant technology.
- We will develop and implement programs to foster a safe environment for all.
- We will model, teach and reinforce desired character traits in all settings to inspire students to consistently engage in and display desired behaviors.
- We will establish and maintain connections with students to increase everyone’s overall positive attitude towards school.
- We will increase the technology for staff and student access on Barrett’s campus.
- We will increase staff skills in personal and instructional use of technology to enhance student learning.
- We will integrate technology in curriculum and teacher strategies to support the development of 21st century skills in all classrooms.
Last Modified on February 3, 2020