Bella Vista PTSA
Bella Vista High School Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA)
PTSA Meeting dates and time for 2018/2019
PTSA generally meets once a month on Tuesdays at 7:00 PM in the school library. The dates with an asterisk are the exception. Executive meetings are attended by the elected and appointed board members. General meetings are attended by general members, as well as elected and appointed board members.2018 2019August 28: executive meeting January 22: general meetingSeptember 25: general meeting February 26: executive meetingOctober 23: executive meeting March 26: general meetingNovember 27: executive meeting April 23: executive meetingDecember - no meeting May 28: executive meetingJune 25: executive meetingJuly: TBD (Budget and Planning Meeting)
The NewsFlash is designed to communicate with families about upcoming events and other news, but be sure to also check Bella Vista's website often, as it contains even more information and may answer many of your frequently asked questions. Is someone you know not receiving the NewsFlash? Or do you wish to view previously published NewsFlashes? Subscribe or view archived editions by clicking here.
MEMBERSHIPSupport your STUDENT and your SCHOOL— JOIN THE PTSA!Membership forms may be turned into the office or mailed to Bella Vista High School - 8301 Madison Ave., Fair Oaks, CA 95628 - Attn: PTSA
The PTSA is a volunteer association where parents, educators, students and other citizens can be active in their school and community.
PTSA benefits students at Bella Vista High School by providing the following:
- Library/media supplies…Nook e-readers, laser printers, reference materials & library books.
- College & Career Center to assist students with questions about colleges and scholarships. A list of dates and speakers are listed below.
- Competition entry fees for Moot Court, Science Olympiad, Academic Decathlon, and Model UN.
- National PTA Reflection Program to promote the arts!
- Graduating high school senior scholarships - eligible to current BV senior students who are members of the PTSA.
- Safe and sober graduation event (Grad Nite).
- Grants for teachers.
- School supplies for “at risk” students.
- Appreciation to staff through periodic teacher appreciation lunches, treats, etc.
- School beautification…landscape, etc.
- Much more…
Benefits of being a PTSA member - discounts and perks
PTSA membership provides you with the opportunity to be part of your student’s education. In addition, there are discounts and perks for PTSA members listed at www.capta.org/join/member-perks/.
***DONATIONS - SUPPORT PTSA BY MAKING A TAX DEDUCTIBLE DONATION*** Click here to download a Donation Form
COLLEGE AND CAREER CENTER – Check out the CCC link on BV’s web page for additional information about the CCC. Bella Vista High School's College and Career Center
SCHOLARSHIPS – There are three scholarships available to Graduating Seniors who are themselves, members of PTSA and also scholarships opportunities for teachers and counselors.
Graduating Senior Scholarships
1) Bella Vista's PTSA Scholarship - The Bella Vista High School Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) will award 10 $500 scholarships to graduating seniors of BVHS. The intent of the BV PTSA scholarship is to recognize and support Bella Vista students who are well-rounded and who have demonstrated service to their school and community through extra-curricular activities. Applicants must continue their education after high school at one of these levels: vocational/technical school, two-year community college, or four year university. Student (not parent) must be a current BV PTSA member and must have an unweighted GPA of 3.0 or higher. Applications must be submitted by 3pm on April 13, 2018 to the Counseling Office at Bella Vista High School Click here for an application form. Click here for the application rubric. Recipients will be selected by a panel which may include BVHS PTSA Executive Board members, a BVHS staff member and/or BVHS administrator. Awards will be presented at the BVHS Awards Night on May 24, 2018.
2) California State PTA Scholarship - $750 Volunteer Service Scholarship - applications must be filed with the State PTA. Graduating high school seniors are eligible to apply for the $750 Volunteer Service Scholarship. Applications are due February 1 (applications must be filed with the State PTA). All scholarships require current membership at PTAs/PTSAs in good standing, so if you are not a member but are interested in applying for these opportunities, be sure to join today. For general questions about the State PTA scholarship, please contact the California State PTA Scholarship and Grant Chairman via email@example.com. Scholarship applications are available online at http://capta.org/programs-events/scholarships/graduating-high-school-seniors/.
3) California State PTA Scholarship - $500 Dr. Ralph E. White Scholarship for medical-field education - applications must be filed with the State PTA. Graduating high school seniors are eligible to apply for the $750 Volunteer Service Scholarship. Applications are due February 1 (applications must be filed with the State PTA). All scholarships require current membership at PTAs/PTSAs in good standing, so if you are not a member but are interested in applying for these opportunities, be sure to join today. For general questions about the State PTA scholarship, please contact the California State PTA Scholarship and Grant Chairman via firstname.lastname@example.org. Scholarship applications are available online at http://capta.org/programs-events/scholarships/graduating-high-school-seniors/.
CONTINUE YOUR EDUCATION WITH PTA SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NURSES, TEACHERS, COUNSELORS AND VOLUNTEERS – Applications must be received by the State PTA by February 1st. Applications are available through http://capta.org/programs-events/scholarships/continuing-education/. Please review the link for information about what you need to do and where to send your application.
CONTACT BV’s PTSA by emailing PTSABVHS@GMAIL.COM