Bella Vista Strategic Plan Tactics
The Bella Vista strategic plan identifies three tactics that will be used to help the school community achieve their stated objectives and mission:
We will motivate all students to discover the tools and connections that support academic and personalsuccess at Bella Vista and post secondary pathways.
- Incorporate college/career options into academic curriculum.
- Implement college/career information day at least every 2 years.
- Incorporate college/career options into the academic curriculum.
We will promote effective internal and external communication that is honest, transparent and timely tobuild trusting relationships, increase learning productivity, and create a unified collaborative learningcommunity.
- Establish and implement an ongoing teacher support program for teachers new to Bella Vista.
- Develop a system to increase student connectivity to Bella Vista through involvement in extra-curricular activities.
- Establish a system to encourage communication and enhance the teacher/student relationship to increase student learning
- Expand and improve on the current two-way communication available for staff and parents.
- Ensure transparency, coordination, and collaboration between and among the various staff and parent groups.
Tactic 3We will implement effective instructional strategies to further each student’s personal achievement on standardized tests, course grades, and 21st century skills.
- Integrate the effective use of 21st century skills into routine instruction in a phase-in model.
- Implement effective instructional strategies to further students’ achievement on standardized test scores (SAT, AP, STAR, ACT, CAHSEE, SJUSD benchmark assessments, etc.)
- Implement subject-specified best practices and instructional strategies in order to further students’ academic achievement in all courses.
Last Modified on May 13, 2014