All enrollments are completed at the centralized enrollment center for San Juan Unified School District located at:
San Juan Central
3700 Garfield Avenue (corner of Garfield Avenue & Engle Road)
Carmichael, CA. 95608
Open 8:00 am to 4:30 pm: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday
Open 11:00 am to 6:00 pm: Thursday
2020-2021 Kindergarten Enrollment begins on Tuesday, February 11th, 2020.
Required documentation needed for enrollment:Please be advised that for the safety and security of all children only biological parents or legal guardians may enroll a child into our district. Also the person who enrolls any child will be required to present the following documentation:
- TWO PROOFS OF RESIDENCE in San Juan Unified School District:
- CURRENT mortgage/property tax bill or rental/lease agreement AND A
- CURRENT utility bill (SMUD, PG & E or WATER) with correct name and address
- Shared Residency Affidavit, if applicable
* confirmation that immunization is not recommended based on the child's physical or medical condition* identification of which vaccines are being exempted* a statement of whether the medical exemption is permanent or temporary* signed and dated by the medical provider
- Proof of Age: To prove age, Education Code section 48002 permits school districts to accept the following:
- Certified copy of the birth record
- Statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth
- Baptism certificate
- When none of the foregoing is obtainable, an affidavit of the parent, guardian, or custodian, or any other appropriate means of proving the child’s age
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP) if your child is receiving special education services
- Guardianship / Custody papers (if applicable)
- Immunization record: Complete record of immunizations for the child (TDAP required for Grades 7-12)
- All immunizations must be current as required by California State Law (Health and Safety Code, Sections 120325-120375 (formerly Sections 3380-3390); California Code of Regulations, Title 17, Sections 6000-6075)
- Although SB277 does not allow for personal belief exemptions, it does allow for medical and homeschooling/independent study exemptions. The medical exemption can only be obtained from a licensed medical doctor (M.D.) or a doctor of osteopathic medicine (D.O.). There is not a specific form for the medical exemption. Instead, a doctor must generate a letter on official letterhead with the following information:
As of August 1, 2019: ALL Kindergarten and TK students must be compliant with ALL REQUIRED immunizations to enroll.*Families that lack stable housing due to economic hardship can immediately enroll their child(ren) in school without the regularly required documentation. Parents/guardians do need to provide this documentation at a later date. Please let a staff person know if this is your situation. Placement of families in transition or foster children is a high priority for enrollment and we will work with families to get their students enrolled.Here are forms for enrollment:
- Kindergarten Enrollment Health Form
- Kindergarten Oral Health Form 6.1.18
- Enrollment Info TK/Kindergarten - English 2.12.19
- Enrollment Info TK/Kindergarten - Spanish 2.13.19
- Enrollment Info TK/Kindergarten - Arabic 2.26.19
- Enrollment Info TK/Kindergarten - Farsi 2.26.19
- Enrollment Info TK/Kindergarten - Russian 2.26.19
- Enrollment Info TK/Kindergarten - Ukrainian 2.26.19
- P-12 Enrollment Form - English 2.12.19
- P-12 Enrollment Form - Spanish 02.13.2019
- P-12 Enrollment Form - Arabic 2.26.19
- P-12 Enrollment Form - Farsi 2.26.19
- P-12 Enrollment Form - Russian 2.26.19
- P-12 Enrollment Form - Ukrainian 6.18.19
- Residency Survey - English
- Residency Survey - Spanish
- Residency Survey - Arabic
- Residency Survey - Russian
- Residency Survey - Ukrainian
The birth date cut off for Kindergarten enrollment for 2020-2021 is September 1, 2015. Your child must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2020 to enroll into Kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year.
FULL DAY KINDERGARTEN SITES FOR 2020-2021:
Thomas Edison Language Institute K-8
Gold River K-8
Lichen K-8 (early & late)
School sites offering Modified Kindergarten classes - 4 hours with no lunch:
All other schools offer Kindergarten classes - 3 hours. 20 mins approximately with no lunch
Kindergarten enrollment for the school year of 2020-2021 begins on Tuesday, February 11th, 2020.
If your student is born between 9/2/2015 and 12/2/2015 you may enroll in our Transitional Kindergarten program for 2020-2021.
Interdistrict Transfer Process - January 2, 2020, to February 28, 2020:
Students who do not live within the district’s school boundaries may apply for the Dual Immersion Program by submitting an interdistrict transfer application. Out of district transfer applications will be accepted for the Dual Immersion Program during the priority window between January 2, 2020, and February 28, 2020. Out of district families who apply during the priority window may be placed, if room is available, after all San Juan Unified District students have been enrolled. If room is not available for all interdistrict families to be placed, a lottery will be held that will provide priorities to families whose siblings are currently enrolled in the DI Program for the 2019-2020 year, and for school site and district employees.
Please note: If you receive your open enrollment choice of school for 2020-2021, it does not guarantee that in future years a sibling will be placed at that school site or that your student will matriculate into the feeder school. Feeder schools are based on the resident address of the student and not on an Open Enrollment placement. Additional questions may be directed to San Juan Central at (916) 971-7179
Due to the volume of enrollments, San Juan Central will not be making enrollment appointments. Please come in during our regular business hours and we will be happy to assist you.
If you have any questions please contact San Juan Central at (916) 726-5826.
If you need to enroll a student in grades 1st-12th student please click here.
District programs and activities shall be free from discrimination based on actual or perceived sex, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, nationality, national origin, immigration status, ethnicity, ethnic group identification, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.