All enrollments are completed at the centralized enrollment center for San Juan Unified School District located at:
San Juan Central
3700 Garfield Avenue (corner of Garfield Avenue & Engle Road)
Carmichael, CA. 95608
Enrollment Center Modified Hours:
Open 9:00 am to 11:30 am
Closed 11:30 am to 1:00 pm for sanitation
Open 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
To enroll your student using our online enrollment process, please click here. For an in person appointment enrollment, please visit our appointment enrollment webpage by clicking here to schedule an appointment.
Required DocumentationPlease be advised that for the safety and security of all children only biological parents or legal guardians may enroll a child into our district. Also the person who enrolls any child will be required to present the following documentation:
- TWO PROOFS OF RESIDENCE:
- CURRENT mortgage/property tax bill or rental/lease agreement AND A
- CURRENT utility bill (SMUD, PG & E or WATER) with correct name and address
- Shared Residency Affidavit, if applicable
- In addition:
- Proof of Age: To prove age, Education Code section 48002 permits school districts to accept the following:
- Certified copy of birth record
- Statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth
- Baptism certificate
- When none of the foregoing is obtainable, an affidavit of the parent, guardian, or custodian, or any other appropriate means of proving the child’s age
* confirmation that immunization is not recommended based on the child's physical or medical condition* identification of which vaccines are being exempted* a statement of whether the medical exemption is permanent or temporary* signed and dated by the medical provider
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP) if your child is receiving special education services
- Guardianship / Custody papers (if applicable)
- Immunization record: Complete record of immunizations for child (TDAP required for Grades 7-12)
- All immunizations must be current as required by California State Law (Health and Safety Code, Sections 120325-120375 (formerly Sections 3380-3390); California Code of Regulations, Title 17, Sections 6000-6075)
- Although SB277 does not allow for personal belief exemptions, it does allow for medical and home schooling/independent study exemptions. The medical exemption can only be obtained from a licensed medical doctor (M.D.) or a doctor of osteopathic medicine (D.O.). There is not a specific form for the medical exemption. Instead, a doctor must generate a letter on official letterhead with the following information:
Students enrolling for grades 1-12 must have ALL required immunizations at time of enrollment.
TK & Kindergarten students MUST meet all vaccination requirements for enrollment by August 1, 2019 for the 2019-2020 school year. Students will not be allowed to attend school until proof is provided.
Students will be enrolled into the resident school based on the address provided at time of enrollment. Please note that for K-6 elementary schools that offer Kindergarten through grade 6, placement at the resident middle school will be for grades 7 and 8.*Families that lack stable housing due to economic hardship can immediately enroll their child(ren) in school without the regularly required documentation. Parents/guardians do need to provide this documentation at a later date. Please let a staff person know if this is your situation. Placement of families in transition or foster children are a high priority for enrollment and we will work with families to get their students enrolled.Enrollment Forms:
There are no exceptions to the documentation required. If you have any questions please contact San Juan Central at (916) 726-5826.
- Enrollment Info - Grades 1-12 English 2.12.19
- Enrollment Info - Grades 1-12 Spanish 2.13.19
- Enrollment Info - Grades 1-12 Arabic 2.26.19
- Enrollment Info - Grades 1-12 Farsi 2.26.19
- Enrollment Info - Grades 1-12 Russian
- Enrollment Info - Grades 1-12 Ukrainian
- P-12 Enrollment Form - English 02.13.2019
- P-12 Enrollment Form - Spanish 02.13.2019
- P-12 Enrollment Form - Arabic 2.26.19
- P-12 Enrollment Form - Farsi 2.26.19
- P-12 Enrollment Form - Russian 2.26.19
- P-12 Enrollment Form - Ukrainian 6.18.19
- Residency Survey - English
- Residency Survey - Spanish
- Residency Survey - Arabic
- Residency Survey - Russian
- Residency Survey - Ukrainian
Interdistrict Transfer Process - January 2, 2020 to February 28, 2020:
Students who do not live within the district’s school boundaries may apply for the Dual Immersion Program by submitting an interdistrict transfer application. Out of district transfer applications will be accepted for the Dual Immersion Program during the priority window between January 2, 2020, and February 28, 2020. Out of district families who apply during the priority window may be placed, if room is available, after all San Juan Unified District students have been enrolled. If room is not available for all interdistrict families to be placed, a lottery will be held that will provide priorities to families whose siblings are currently enrolled in the DI Program for the 2018-2019 year, and for school site and district employees.
If you receive your open enrollment choice of school for 2020-2021, it does not guarantee that in future years a sibling will be placed at that school site or that your student will matriculate into the feeder school. Feeder schools are based on the resident address of the student and not on an Open Enrollment placement. Additional questions may be directed to San Juan Central at (916) 971-7179.
Due to the volume of enrollments, San Juan Central will not be making enrollment appointments. Please come in during our regular business hours and we will be happy to assist you.
District programs and activities shall be free from discrimination based on actual or perceived sex, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, nationality, national origin, immigration status, ethnicity, ethnic group identification, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.