The San Juan Unified School District is home to the region's premier International Baccalaureate (IB) programs, offering rigorous instruction to help students become knowledgeable, inquiring and caring citizens ready to make a difference in the world around them.
We offer three International Baccalaureate programs: the Primary Years Program, the Middle Years - Accelerated Program, and the Diploma Program. For admission to the Diplomat Program at Churchill, see the Timeline and Pathways below. Please do not contact Churchill directly as they do not handle the admissions process. Any questions regarding admissions should be directed to Melanie Allen at email@example.com.
What is the IB Primary Years Program?
The IB Primary Years Program begins with Transitional Kindergarten and runs through 5th grade at Thomas Kelly Elementary School. Thomas Kelly is a part of a global community of schools committed to developing knowledgeable, caring young people who will be ready to become internationally-minded leaders in our world. Thomas Kelly encourages students to take action in school and in life to create a more harmonious and peaceful world.
What is the IB Middle Years - Accelerated Program?
The IB Middle Years Program begins in 6th grade at Winston Churchill Middle School and continues at Mira Loma High School. The IB Middle Years Program, for students grades 6-10, provides a framework of academic challenge that encourages students to embrace and understand the connections between traditional subjects and the real world and become critical and reflective thinkers.
What is the IB Diploma Program?
The IB Diploma Program is offered at Mira Loma High School. This is a challenging academic program in which students meet the highest academic standards, develop critical thinking skills, and learn to see themselves in an international context. Mira Loma has one of the most successful diploma programs in the country, routinely testing more than 200 students a year with a passage rate at or above 90 percent.
Enrollment in the PYP, MYP or DP
To enroll your student at Thomas Kelly for the Primary Years Program, contact the Enrollment Center to learn more.
Timeline for IB Middle Years Accelerated Program
Pathways for IB Middle Years Accelerated Program Admission
- Do you offer tours of the IBMYP - Diplomat?
- I returned my commitment letter and have not yet received a confirmation. When will I receive the confirmation?
- Why would I lose my place at my home school?
- We live in the district but go to a private school. How can you say we have priority when you already sent letters to students who attend a San Juan school? I thought we had the same priority.
- If my student is applying from out-of-district and is already GATE identified, do they have to take the IB Placement Test?
- I don’t live in the district boundaries. Can my student apply at any time during the school year for the IB MYP - Diplomat at Winston Churchill MS?
- My child has almost perfect achievement test scores and report cards, but we live outside the district boundaries. What are my chances?
- Do you have to apply for IBMYP - Diplomat at Winston Churchill MS every year if we get in?
- If I qualify for 6th grade but decide to stay at my school, can I just tell you that I want to go to Winston Churchill MS for 7th grade?