The Rapid Learner Program is a specially designed program for advanced and accelerated elementary students. The purpose of the program is to meet the specialized needs of high-achieving students with respect to their cognitive development, their social development and their emotional needs. Students in the Rapid Learner Program may receive instruction above grade level in language arts and math. Teachers provide grade level instruction in science and social studies, as well as integrating a curriculum that is rich in depth, complexity and novelty. The goal of the three Rapid Learner schools is to allow high-achieving students to achieve their maximum potential in an environment with like-minded peers.
The Rapid Learner Program is available to students in grades 2-5. Each classroom is self-contained which allows the students to spend the entire day with their cognitive peers.
Students who reside in the San Juan Unified School District and meet the qualifications have priority placement in the Rapid Learner program, however the application process is open to ALL students.
The Rapid Learner program is offered at the following three San Juan Unified schools:
- How is placement in Rapid Learner determined?
- My first grader currently attends a San Juan Unified school. I am applying for Rapid Learner and have completed an application. Do I need to do anything extra for my child to take the achievement test?
- What can I do to help my child prepare for the achievement test?
- Can we choose a Rapid Learner site?
- Does my child have priority if a sibling is also a Rapid Learner or if the Rapid Learner School is our home school?
- By when do I have to establish district residency to be considered for Rapid Learner with the currently-enrolled students? How do I establish residency in the district? Do I have to go to San Juan Central to establish residency?
- How many students will be placed in the Rapid Learner Program?
- If I do not reside in the district, can my child apply for Rapid Learner?
- After I receive my child's acceptance letter, do I have time to make a final decision before they are placed?
- If I move into the district mid-year, can my student take the placement test?
- Do you provide transportation to the Rapid Learner school sites?