Provide Input on the Learning Materials Being Considered for Adoption
During the 2023-24 school year, we will be adopting new materials for the following courses:
- History Social Science
- Advanced Placement United States History
- Advanced Placement Physics C: Mechanics
- Special Education
- Independent Living Skills
- World Languages
- Advanced Placement Spanish Language and Culture
- International Baccalaureate Spanish 1 and 2
As part of the process our selection committees use to determine which materials to recommend for adoption, we are seeking the input of students, families/caregivers, and staff on the materials being considered.
We are offering in-person review opportunities at the dates, times and locations listed below
- College Preview Night at Rio Americano High School on Sept. 21 from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. (4540 American River Drive, Sacramento)
- Oct. 2 - Dec. 15 in room 18 at Choices Charter School (4425 Laurelwood Way, Sacramento)
- Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. by appointment
- Contact Loretta Naas to schedule an appointment at 916-979-8782 or email@example.com
- NOTE: please do not go to the Choices Charter School Office. Room 18 is located in the westernmost building of the campus, on Laurelwood. It is closer to the cross street of Eastern than to the cross street of Mission. Because the doors facing the street are locked, please enter the building through the gate to the right of the door labeled "14" that you can see from the street.
- Community Resource Fair at the FACE Families Matters Conference at Arden Middle School (1640 Watt Avenue, Sacramento) on Oct. 7 from 12:30 - 2 p.m.
In addition to the in-person opportunities listed above, many of the programs being considered provide online access for students and families to view the student-facing materials during our selection period. Please see the tables below for access information to view the materials. This review period ends on Dec. 15, 2023.
After reviewing, please submit your feedback
Whether you join us in person or review online, your feedback is important. In order to collect input from our community to inform the selection process, all who review materials are asked to complete the form below so that we can share your input with the selection committee. Please fill out one form for each set of materials you review.
Access the feedback form here. Remember to submit your input by Dec. 15, 2023.
General information about Instructional Materials Adoptions
- Read about the instructional materials process.
- View which textbooks will be adopted in the future in the Matrix of Adoption Cycle.
- View a list of textbooks and supplements adopted by the Board of Education.