History-Social Science Standards and Framework
In history-social science instruction, we use multiple guiding documents to drive classroom experiences for our students: relevant state standards and the California framework. You can link to these documents below:
- Content Standards (State Board of Education adopted, 1998)
- History-Social Science Framework (State Board of Education adopted, 2016)
The California Department of Education has created brochures to provide families a brief overview of the critical content students will learn in each grade band (elementary, middle, and high school). Links to the brochures are below.
- Family Brochure: Elementary History-Social Science
- Family Brochure: Middle School History-Social Science
- Family Brochure: High School History-Social Science
In April 2019, the San Juan Unified School District Board of Trustees adopted new history-social science materials for grades K-8 and high school world and United States history. Below, please find the materials currently adopted for history-social science instruction. Information for accessing online demo accounts are also included.
California Studies Weekly
User name: caadoption
Grades 6-8, high school world history, high school United States history
User name: studentcass100