Head Start/ Early Head Start Policy Committee
What does the Policy Committee do?
Assists in developing and planning of the Head Start and Early Head programs
Approves funding applications, program plans and goals, budgets, personnel policies and decisions, training and technical assistance plans and more
- Participates in the program’s self-assessment process
- Plans and approves activities for parent engagement
- Acts as a liaison between classroom parent committee and Policy Committee
Who is on the Policy Committee?
At least 51% of the Committee must be made up of current Head Start or Early Head Start parents. This includes elected parent representatives and alternates
The remaining representatives may be community representatives and/ or past parents elected by the Policy Committee members
When and where are the Policy Committee meetings held?
- The meetings are usually held in the morning for approximately two hours
- The Policy Committee meets once a month during the school year
- Policy Committee meetings are held at Marvin Marshall (Room 19), 5309 Kenneth Avenue, Carmichael, CA 95608.