Center-Based Early Head Start
All Center-Based Early Head Start locations operate from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Who is a Center-Based eligible family?
- Families with infants/toddlers under age 3
- Teen parents given priority
- Families who meet income/waiver eligibility requirements
- Families with a need (working, in school, etc...)
What does a Center-Based program offer a family?
Free quality child care; children are nurtured as they learn
Nutritional meals for your child
- Parent meetings
- Child development education
- Support from a nurse and School Community Worker (home visits, resource referrals, goal planning, etc.)
- Mental Health services
- Services to special needs children
- Assistance with transition to preschool
Center-Based Early Head Start locations
- Encina Infant Toddler Center-1400 Bell Street, Sacramento
- General Davie Toddler Center- 1500 Dom Way, Sacramento
- Fair Oaks Infant Toddler Center- 10700 Fair Oaks Boulevard, Fair Oaks
- Marvin Marshall Toddler Center- 5309 Kenneth Avenue, Carmichael
- San Juan Infant Toddler Center- 7551 Greenback Lane, Citrus Heights
To register a child in the Center-Based Early Head Start program, please fill out our Remote Inquiry for Enrollment Form or visit the registration office on the Marvin Marshall campus at 5309 Kenneth Avenue in Carmichael.