Dear Greer Families and Community Partners,
Welcome back for another wonderful and exciting school year! There have been some changes here at Greer and you will notice some new faces among the staff. All of our staff, new and returning, are eager to meet our amazing students and families.
The staff at Greer is committed to valuing, educating and inspiring all students through comprehensive personalized instruction, collaboration and positive character development. We utilize research-based instructional practices and analyze academic data to determine each student’s current strengths, skill levels and next targets for continuous growth. We believe that all students possess greatness and our staff works hard to instill that belief in our students every day.
We also believe that learning starts at home and continues at school. As valuable partners with us, there are a few things you can do to help which will immediately impact your student’s academic success:
- Bring your student to school every day by 7:45 a.m. for breakfast and a morning walk. Meals are free at Greer for all students and your student will never be late for school if you bring them early for breakfast!
- Meet your student’s teacher and share your hopes and dreams for their school experience. Let staff know you support them and want them to hold your student to high standards for learning and behavior.
- Read, talk and sign with your student daily to develop their love of learning and their vocabulary.
- Practice the PAWS behavior guidelines at home:
- P = Positive Attitude
- A = Act Responsibly and Respectfully
- W = Work Cooperatively
- S = Show Kindness
- Let us know how we can support you and your family! We have many resources at Greer and with our community partners.
Thank you for partnering with us to support your student’s learning. Let’s make this school year the best one yet! Go Panthers!
Ashley Cao, Principal
Kim Callendar, Vice Principal