Dear Greer Families and Community Partners,
First we wanted to welcome everyone back for another great year at Greer! We have a talented and enthusiastic staff made up of many new and returning faces, and we are excited to share a wonderful year with our students and families.
The staff at Greer is committed to valuing, educating and inspiring all students through engaging instruction, opportunities for collaboration, and a focus on positive relationships and character development. We tap into multiple modalities for instruction to address each student’s current strengths, skill levels and target areas for continuous growth. We believe that all students can and will be successful, and our staff works hard to instill that belief in our students every day.
We also value the home-to-school connection and that we are partners with families in the educational experience. As we work together this year, there are a few things you can do to help positively impact your student’s academic success:
- Bring your student to school on-time every day. School starts at 7:45 this year, with breakfast service beginning at 7:15 and morning walk at 7:35. Meals are free at Greer for all students, and your student will never be late for school if you bring them early for breakfast!
- Communicate with your teacher openly and frequently. Let staff know how they can best support your student to help facilitate a positive relationship between our Greer family and yours.
- Read, talk, sign, and sing with your student daily to develop their love of learning and their vocabulary.
- Practice the PAWS behavior guidelines at home:
- P = Positive Attitude
- A = Act Responsibly and Respectfully
- W = Work Cooperatively
- S = Show Kindness
Thank you for partnering with us to support your student’s learning. Please know that as a community school we are here to ensure success for our students and families and are happy to help in any way we can. Let’s make this school year the best one yet! Go Panthers!
Melissa Schupp, Principal
Pirkko AmaralVice Principal(916) 971-7157Subscribe to our Greer Elementary YouTube Channel and "like us" on Facebook