August 6th, 2021
Welcome back Pasadena Panthers! I hope you enjoyed summer vacation and are ready to come back to school! This year we are welcoming back our students full time and we are all excited to have them back!
We have so much work ahead of us and we will continue to need your flexibility and partnership with our new “normal”. I will continue to make recorded calls, post information on our website, and send important flyers home with students. Please keep in mind that information is continuing to evolve and will do our best to share changes as they come.
We will start the year with safety measures:
- Masks are mandatory for students and staff whether they are vaccinated or not. Outdoor masks are highly recommended but not required as of today. If you are not comfortable with sending your child back to school the district has given parents two options, Independent Studies or Home School.
- Although I would love to see all of you on our campus, unfortunately at this time we will not be able to have guests or volunteers on campus.
- Morning drop off for students will be no earlier than 7:40 a.m., please make arrangements as we will not have supervision prior to this time. School starts at 8:15. Parking lot will be open for drive-through drop-off only. If parking off campus on the street, watch your child walk through the school crosswalk.
- Dismissal will be at 2:50 with the exception of Thursday’s (1:30). This year’s change: parking lot will be closed, please find a parking space off campus. Parents are not to go beyond the front of the school. Wait for teachers to walk students out. Supervision ends at 3:15 p.m.
- Remember, one family at a time can be in the office. You can always call if you have questions or need anything.
- Wednesday, August 11th from 1:00-2:00 p.m. you will have an opportunity to Meet and Greet your child’s teacher. This will be similar to our distribution pick-up. Teachers and information will be outside the front of the cafeteria. If you are not able to stop by please call the office after 2:00 p.m. to find out your child’s class.
See you on the first day of school, Thursday, August 12th 8:15-1:30!
Principal Mirna Pelayo