An International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP) World School
Our Read-a-thon fundraiser is in full swing now. It is exciting to see our book worm growing as students are turning in their reading minutes. Thank you to everyone who is sponsoring our students. This fundraiser is gonig better than I would have ever imagined. Thank you for your support!
Have you seen the flyer about the Thomas Kelly Read-a-Thon? Have you signed up at www.read-a-thon.com/read (secret code 225870) to create a fundraising page for your child yet? If not, sign up today. Here’s how it works:
- Create a read-a-thon dashboard for your student(s) at the link above. Here, you’ll be asked to track minutes read at home.
- Fundraising: You can also send emails and create social media posts directly from your dashboard that can help your child raise money to support the school. The more money your student raises, the more prizes your child can “purchase” from the online prize store at the end of the Read-a-Thon! Prizes range from stickers, bookmarks and temporary tattoos to toys, binoculars and ear buds.
- Top Readers: Additionally, top readers in each grade will earn a pizza party and more!
- If you can’t create an online dashboard, don’t worry – your student can still participate. In-class reading minutes are also being tracked and will count towards the pizza party prize.
- The Read-A-Thon runs from September 27 thru October 15.
Our goal is to encourage every child to expand their imaginations and worlds through reading! Talk to your teacher if you need any help connecting your student with a good book or two.
Family Dine Out October 5
Join us at Leatherby’s at 2333 Arden Way on Tuesday, October 5th for a Dine Out Fundraiser. You get to enjoy some yummy food and even tastier ice cream treats, and 20% of all sales will be donated back to the school! A flyer will be coming home in homework folders, can be found on the PTA Facebook page, and is attached to this email!
October 25-29th is Red Ribbon Week.
Monday- We are RED-y to be Drug-Free (Wear a Red Shirt)
Tuesday- Sports Rule, Drugs Drool (Wear Jerseys or Sports Team T-shirts)
Wednesday- Blackout Drugs (wear all black)
Thursday- Follow Your Dreams, Don't Do Drugs (Pajama Day)
Friday- Hocus Pocus Don't Lose Focus, Don't Do Drugs! (Wear a Halloween Costume)
On Friday, October 29th we will allow students to wear their costume to school. Appropriate PPE masks are still required while indoors. Please have a change of clothes for your student to change into and appropriate shoes for PE and the playground.
Josh CostaPrincipal(916) 867-2041