MissionValuing diversity and civic responsibility, the mission of Howe Avenue Elementary is to inspire and educate students to become collaborative, creative and critical thinkers and responsible caring citizens by providing an innovative, rigorous program in a culturally sensitive, safe and nurturing learning environment that fosters relationships with families and the community.
- All students, every year, will create and participate in a collaborative curriculum-based project that impacts the school and/or community.
- By 2016, through multiple measures, we will reduce the number of students not proficient in English Language Arts and Math by 50%.
- By 2016, we will increase by 30%, problem-solving proficiency across content areas, using multiple measures, including performance tasks.
- By 2016, 90% of all students will demonstrate positive character traits that reflect responsible, caring citizens.
- By 2016, major infractions and home suspensions will be reduced by 30%.
Last Modified on June 1, 2014