Mission Avenue Open is excited to announce and present to our school community our first strategic plan for the 2013 - 2016 school years.
Fifteen members from the community(local & Mission families) and school staff came together for two days and spent a combined total of 300 man-hours to formulate this plan.
Strategic planning sets the course for our next three years. Decisions made at this site will always lead to the success of this plan.
Below you will see the results of all the hard work of our committee. You can download and print your own copy from the file under Related Files. If you should have any questions, please feel free to contact Kelly Timpson.MISSION AVENUE OPEN
2013 - 2016
Guiding the discovery of knowledge, Mission Avenue Open School inspires and engages all students to become responsible citizens and creative, confident, critical-thinking problem solvers through student-centered, interdisciplinary learning, enhanced by experiential explorations in respectful collaboration with our community.
- All students will be able to demonstrate their learning in a creative, expressive, and confident manner as evidenced by multiple measures.
- All students will develop and consistently demonstrate Mission Avenue Open School's four behavioral standards to become respectful and responsible citizens in our school, community, and world.
- All students will develop and apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- By 2016, we will close the achievement gap in language arts and math by at least 50% as evidenced through multiple measures.
- By 2016, we will increase the number of students in all groups who are proficient or advanced in English- language arts and math by at least 50% as evidenced through multiple measures.