Thomas Edison School is a Positive Behavior Support school. The staff believes in teaching school expectations in a positive learning environment.
- Be Safe
- Be Respectful
- Be Responsible
• No makeup.
• Sagging/baggy, and/or over-sized pants are not permitted. Garments where the torso or undergarments are exposed are not permitted. Tank tops are permitted as long as there is a two inch shoulder strap.
• Clothing related to inappropriate language, smoking, drugs, alcohol, violence, gangs, or other inappropriate messages are not permitted.
• Shorts and skirts must have at least a 3 inch inseam.
• Footwear must be worn at all times for student safety (as mandated by state law).
• Sandals must have a back strap, NO flip flops
• Hair must be kept clean and free of lice or nits. No colored hair gel, extreme hair dyes are permitted.
• Sunglasses and hats/caps may only be worn outside. No head garments (ie: bandanas) may be worn, except for cultural purposes.
*Students who persist in ignoring the above guidelines will be considered willfully defiant and will be disciplined according to District policy, i.e, suspension.
District Policy on Use of Students in Photos and Video
Photos and video footage of students add significantly to the communication value of district and school publications, television productions, and websites. It is the district's desire to share the achievements and recognition earned by students with the broader community. This effort can be aided by the use of photos or video footage showing students involved in the classroom and school-related activities.
Photos & Video
Unless notified in writing of an objection by a parent, legal guardian, or student of age 18, photographs and video footage of students and/or names may be posted in district-produced materials including printed publications, television productions, and websites.If parents do not wish photographs or videos of their student to be used in these materials, they should complete a Photo/Video Opt-Out form available at school offices or via the link below. Please be aware that opt-out requests are valid for the current school year and must be renewed at the start of the next school year.Photo-Opt Out 2021-2022 FarsiIf an opt-out form is filed, district and school staff members will ALSO request news media not interview your student or film/photograph your student. While local news media typically honor such requests, the district does not have legal authority to prevent your student from talking with media or restricting who media outlets film or photograph. You are encouraged to have a discussion with your student about your wishes should members of the news media request to interview them.If photos or videos of students or staff are going to be created, maintained or displayed by a third party where the District or school will not have direct control of the materials, then a written release form is required. Contact the Community Relations Office at (916) 979-8281 to discuss options.
Photos & Video - Special Education Students and Homeless StudentsSchool and District staff will always seek parent/guardian permission before using a photo that identifies a student receiving special education or homeless services. Permission forms for these situations can also be obtained from school offices or via the link below.
Please contact your school office or the Community Relations Office at (916) 979-8281 if you have any questions about this policy.