Our counseling department provides services for students, parents/guardians, school staff, and the community. For our students, we are available to offer support for academic, career, social/emotional, and personal issues. We offer short-term individual counseling and small group counseling, as well as helping students navigate problems with schoolwork or peers through conflict mediation.
Counselors can also make referrals to outside resources such as individual and/or family counseling, parenting classes, and general supports that families may benefit from.
Here are some examples of the kind of work that counselors do:
- Help students set academic and personal SMART goals.
- Provide educational and career planning through our district-wide Naviance program.
- Helps students with course selection and a 4-year plan for high school
- Coordinate and/or participate in Parent/Teacher meetings
- Provide peer conflict resolution
- Provide small group counseling
- Provide academic support for students
We look forward to working with you and your student(s)!