Registration Information for Preschool & Infant/Toddler
To apply for our Infant/Toddler program or our Preschool program, you must first complete an Eligibility form. To do this, you can come to our office at 5309 Kenneth Ave., Carmichael, CA 95608; or, you can complete the form below under Step 1, or go directly here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf3uO6nk0GMdkV7cLAGI-YS2xNeJfZdDtj1M8Wr30jPIoJX5w/viewform
At this time, we are accepting eligibility forms for the 2022-2023 school year. Please keep in mind there may be changes to the classroom format. Preschool may look different going forward than it has in past years.
Please understand, you MUST meet ALL requirements (Age/Income/Address) in order to qualify for our programs. Additionally, our programs are grant funded, enrollment is contingent upon availability. As such, we cannot guarantee placement.
Definitions of the requirements for our programs:
- Age -
- Preschool: children MUST be THREE years old to be eligible for preschool.
- Infant and Toddlers: eligible up until their third birthday.
- Income - please visit here for income guidelines - https://www.sanjuan.edu/Page/6886.
- Address - please visit here for San Juan's boundaries - https://www.sanjuan.edu/domain/2611.
Registration Information in Additional Languages
***** Start the Process Here *****
Step 1 - Fill out an Eligibility Form:
There are two options for our Enrollment Process. The first is by completing our remote online form below. The second is to come into the office in person.
To complete the form online, click here: Online Eligibility Form.
Fill out the form to request your child be placed on the waiting list for the 2022/2023 school year. We ask that you fill out all questions completely and submit one request form for EACH child you wish to enroll. Please be advised that for the safety and security of all children only biological parents or legal guardians may enroll a child into our district.
To complete the form in person, please visit us at 5309 Kenneth Ave., Carmichael, CA 95608.
If your child will be turning five years old between September 2nd and February 2nd, they are eligible for Transitional Kindergarten (TK) in the Fall. For TK enrollment, you will need to go to https://www.sanjuan.edu/Page/50792 to enroll. This online Inquiry does not forward to San Juan Central for Transitional Kindergarten enrollment.
Step 2 - Review of your Enrollment Request Form:
After submission of your Online Request Form, you will receive an email stating your form has been received and your child will be placed on a waiting list. Due to the high amount of enrollments, please allow 2-4 business days to receive this email from our team.
Step 3 - Submit Enrollment Documents:
These are the documents that are required to enroll your child. You will email your required enrollment documents to the Admissions and Family Services Department directly after they contact you.
Preschool Required Documents:
Infant/Toddler Required Documents:
Additional information for required documents:
- Please Click here for Required Immunizations for information on immunization requirements
- Shared residence form (if applicable - Webpage for Shared Residency Surveys in many languages)
Step 4 - Enrollment Processing:
Upon successful receipt of the required enrollment forms and documents, the enrollment technician assigned to assist you will contact you via email/phone to confirm that your student has completed the initial stage of enrollment. Please be advised that the enrollment technician may contact you for questions, clarification, or if more information is needed during the processing of your child's enrollment.
Step 5 - Health Screening Appointment:
After successful completion of the initial step of enrollment, the Health Department will contact you to schedule an appointment for a Health Screening.
* For general enrollment questions or questions about a student that is currently enrolled in the Early Childhood Education Division, please email ECERegistrationdesk@sanjuan.edu. Due to the high number of inquiries, please allow 2-4 business days for a reply from a representative of our enrollment department.
* For district updates, parent resources, student resources, and more please visit www.sanjuan.edu/COVID19.
Step 6 - Teacher Orientation:
After successful completion of all the initial steps of enrollment, your child's teacher will contact you to schedule an appointment for Orientation!
- Age -