Welcome - Professional Learning and Curriculum Innovation
What We Do
Professional Learning and Curriculum Innovation is a department within the Division of Teaching and Learning that operates under San Juan Unified's Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) and is aligned to Strategy 1 of the Strategic Plan.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Please consider applying to participate in the upcoming grades 6-8 Science or grades K-11 History/Social Science adoption committees. You can download the information and interest form by clicking on the links below. Both interest forms are due by March 23, 2018 by 5pm.
Grades 6-8 Science Adoption Committee Interest form (includes calendar of committee events and general information)
In order to support the needs of schools, we provide the following services:
- administrative and classroom coaching focused on quality first instruction
- curriculum support, research, and resources
- facilitation support for site professional learning
Director, Professional Learning and Curriculum InnovationAdministrative Assistant to Kristan Schnepp
FAX: (916) 979-8789Secretary
FAX: (916) 979-8789Intermediate Clerk TypistProfessional Learning Center at Choices Charter(916) 979-8782
K-12 Science, Health
K-12 English Language Arts(916) 971-7064K-12 Visual and Performing Arts(916) 979-8641Instructional Technology(916)971-8371
K-12 English Language Development
TEACHERS ON SPECIAL ASSIGNMENTElementary MathSecondary MathElementary ELAK-12 Science
ELDGLAD ELDK-8 ELD
- Click here to access the District Professional Development Calendar.
- Click here to access ERO.
- Click here to apply for the Comprehensive Sexual Health Supplemental Materials Adoption Committee (San Juan teachers/staff)
- Click here to apply for the Comprehensive Sexual Health Supplemental Materials Adoption Committee (Parents/Community members)
- Balanced Math
- Comprehensive Literacy, including Critical Literacy, and Writing Workshop
- Disciplinary Literacy
- Blended Learning
- Earning Professional Growth Hours
- Requesting Prior Approval
- Organizing a Learning Team
- Course Approval
- Textbook Adoptions
- Content Area Resources