Understanding CAASPP Student Score Reports
This page is specifically designed to help parents/guardians and educators understand their students' CAASPP score reports. As you review your student's score, remember that the end-of-year assessment is only one measure of a child's academic performance, multiple measures - classroom tests, assignments and grades - should be used to formulate a plan that will help improve student achievement.
Understanding the Student Score Report with the Starting Smarter Website
The California Department of Education produced a new website for families with resources to support their child’s learning. The Starting Smarter website includes information on student score reports, sample test questions, parent-teacher conferences, and other no-cost resources in English and Spanish.
Additional Resources for Understanding Student Score Reports:
- CAASPP Student Score Report Samples & Guides for Understanding
- California Department of Education Student Score Report Resources
- Como interpretar el Informe de Puntaje Estudiantil de la prueba CAASPP
- Understanding SBAC ELA and Math Reports (Ukrainian)
- Understanding SBAC ELA and Math Reports (Russian)
- Understanding SBAC ELA and Math Reports (Farsi/Dari)
- Understanding SBAC ELA and Math Reports (Arabic)