The Board of Education
The Board of Education of the San Juan Unified School District welcomes you to be an active part of our district. Public participation and open communication help us understand how you feel about the challenges we face in governing our schools.
Board ResponsibilitiesAmong its many responsibilities as the official governing body of the school district, the Board:
- Hears the views of the public
- Sets district policies and goals
- Decides how to prioritize and spend the district's funds
- Keeps in touch with other school boards and government bodies
- Oversees employee relations
- Approves contracts
- Establishes curriculum and standards
Board Advisory Committees
For more information on these advisory committees, visit the Public Participation page. Parents and community members are encouraged to apply.Please fill out and return the appropriate application(s). Instructions are on the application. Interested candidates may contact the Board of Education Office at (916) 971-7111 for more information.
- Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP)
- Citizens Oversight (Bond)
- Curriculum, Standards, Instructional and Student Services
Last Modified on January 22, 2019