SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD - JULY 16
San Juan Unified’s Board of Education will hold a special meeting to discuss and take action on plans to reopen school campuses Aug. 13. The special meeting will be held online via the Zoom platform starting at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, July 16. For more information on how to view or participate in the meeting please visit www.sanjuan.edu/July16.
The Zoom link to the meeting will be posted to this page approximately 15 minutes prior to the start of the meeting. Please return at that time to join the meeting.
The Board of Education
The Board of Education of the San Juan Unified School District welcomes you to be an active part of our district. Public participation and open communication help us understand how you feel about the challenges we face in governing our schools.
Board ResponsibilitiesAmong its many responsibilities as the official governing body of the school district, the Board:
- Hears the views of the public
- Sets district policies and goals
- Decides how to prioritize and spend the district's funds
- Keeps in touch with other school boards and government bodies
- Oversees employee relations
- Approves contracts
- Establishes curriculum and standards
Board Advisory Committees
For more information on these advisory committees, visit the Public Participation page. Parents and community members are encouraged to apply.Please fill out and return the appropriate application(s). Instructions are on the application. Interested candidates may contact the Board of Education Office at (916) 971-7111 for more information.
- Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP)
- Citizens Oversight (Bond)
- Curriculum, Standards, Instructional and Student Services