- Falcon Connection Newsletter
- Social Media: Facebook, Instagram & Twitter
- Class Dojo & Classroom newsletters
- Signs & notices posted outside the school office or on marquee
Emergencies & School Wide Updates
Be sure to keep your contact information up to date with the school each year, or when contact information changes. Each year you will need to log on to parent portal and go through the re-enrollment process (download instructions here) in order to receive all school communications which may include automated phone calls, e-mails, and text messages, including emergency alerts.
San Juan USD App
Get the District App to keep up to date on all things related to your student, selected school sites and the school district. The school calendar, newsreel and social media all filter into the Activity Stream of this App to give you the latest news from every online source in one place.
Connecting with Staff
School Office: 916-575-2302
24 Hour Attendance Line: 916-979-8171
To speak with a teacher (or student) during school hours, please contact the office. You can e-mail teachers directly at any time, or request an available meeting time. Trying to connect with a teacher directly before or after school may be difficult as school staff are out of classrooms and have various supervision duties around the campus before and after school for safety. We appreciate your patience as we continue to provide support for all families.
Questions/Concerns: Not sure where to start? Follow this line of communication to start:
- Office Staff
- Family Engagement Staff (Neighborhood Parent Liaison, Parent Ambassador)
- Classroom Teacher
- Specialist (English Learner, Special Education)
- School Principal
- SJUSD Family and Community Engagement Dept. (916-971-7929)
Steps to resolve concerns:
- Meet directly with the person that has the most logical connection to your concern. Express the concern, listen to their perspective and seek resolution.
- If the issue is not resolved, bring it to the attention of the school principal and give them a chance to investigate the situation.
- If the problem continues, contact the Family and Community Engagement Department, who will mediate the issue to find a resolution.
Student Cell Phones
Recent changes in the California Education Code and district policy permit the possession of cell phones while on campus. A parent permission form needs to be completed in the school office for any student bringing a phone to school. However, unless permission has been granted by the classroom teacher, cell phones must be put away and turned off or on silent during school hours. Phones used during school hours will be placed in the school office until after school. Phones used without a parent permission form on file will be placed in the school office until a parent/guardian can collect it.