The Cottage Elementary PTA would like to extend your family a warm welcome to the 2019-20 school year! Our goal is to make your child’s and your family’s experience at our school the best it can be. The more members and volunteers we have the more we can do for our children! So we hope you’ll join us this year!
What does the PTA do? Each year the PTA provides more than $12,000 in resources, supplies, activities and events at Cottage – all with the goal of improving our children’s’ educational experience and building a sense of community. Our efforts benefit every student at the school. Last year the PTA’s used money from school-wide fundraisers to:
- Fund field trips and buses for every class
- Pay for school assemblies and family community nights
- Fund a “classroom resource budget” for each teacher
- Host the Tie-Dye Extravaganza, Movie Night, and Field Day events (FREE events!!)
- Fund the end-of-school-year pool parties
- Purchase equipment for the after-school basketball program
- Provide the school’s weekly communication folders
This year we are excited to be planning a new spring event called the Cottage Ball!
How does the PTA provide this funding? There are three major fundraisers during the school year, and several smaller fundraising opportunities as well.
- Jog-A-Thon – October
- See’s Candy Sales - December
- Butter Braid Sales – April
- Smaller fundraisers include: Snack Bar Sales, Gratitude Grams, “Dinner Night Outs” (Restaurant Fundraisers), Jamba Juice sales – various times during the year
How do I support the PTA’s efforts? First and foremost, join the PTA! Your membership dues go directly to our school resources. You can join online at: https://jointotem.com/ca/sacramento/cottage-pta
Secondly, your family’s support of the above fundraisers is so important! Without it many of the school’s resources, events and activities will disappear.
In addition to participating in these fundraisers, you can support us by volunteering to help! The fundraisers, events and activities don’t run themselves – in fact they are a lot of work - and we need a team of parents to make them successful. (We encourage you to reach out to us at PTACottage@gmail.com, so the PTA can contact you about upcoming volunteer opportunities.)
We are looking forward to another exciting year, filled with fun family events that bring our community closer and support our children’s education. The PTA is committed to continuing to fund resources, activities and events – and family involvement is key. Join the PTA – support the fundraisers – and volunteer your time, so that Cottage Elementary School can continue to be a strong, united community for our children!
Thank you for all you do!
Join us at the PTA Meetings! 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. in the school library:
September 24 * October 22 * January 28 * February 28 * March 24 * April 28