We can't do all the great things we do for our students without your help!The Open Philosophy and active parent involvement is what makes Mission Ave Open Elementary School such a desirable educational experience. Most parents have chosen to enroll their child at Mission Avenue Open School, because we offer a wide variety of opportunities for your children to learn.We can only do these amazing activities and field trips with the support of our Mission parents. Whether you volunteer in the classroom, on a field trip, or at home, we welcome and encourage parent participation.Mission Ave Open teachers appreciate parent/guardian support in the following ways, and the items marked with an H indicate these tasks can be done from home:
You can see that parents are an valuable part of the MAGIC that happens at Mission.
- Chaperone on field trips
- Homework grading - H
- Assembling art project packages - H
- Art docent
- Working in the classroom
- Lunch supervision & playground supervision - Approximately 1.5 hours per day
- Helping in the crosswalk - Approximately 20 minutes per day
- Organizing fundraising activities - H
- Participating in After School enrichment classes
- Participating in the PTA, School Site Council, or English Language Advisory Committee (ELAC
- Assisting the choir teacher during choir practice
- Assisting the yearbook teacher by serving as an advertising & sales advisor, photo collection chair, parent advisor, or yearbook administrator. - H
- Assisting the teachers with Science Olympiad.
Parent Volunteer OpportunitiesLunch/Yard Duty
If interested, please contact the office (916) 575-2362.
Contact the Mission PTA directly by email at Mission PTA.
Last Modified on October 7, 2022