Skycrest PTO (Parent/Teacher Organization) is a group of parents, teachers, and staff who are committed to providing additional resources for our school. We sponsor many ongoing activities and fundraisers throughout the year that provide additional money to specifically benefit our students.
You may know that PTO organizes our Fall Carnival, See’s Candy fundraiser, and many other fundraisers which help raise money to be distributed as needed throughout the year. However, you may not know that PTO also provides many other items that you see around our school campus.
Here are just a few of the things that PTO provides:
- PTO purchases all of the playground equipment for recesses during the year–
- kick balls, wall balls, tetherballs, jump ropes, hula-hoops, etc.
- PTO purchased the beautiful Crepe Myrtle tree and large concrete planter that resides in front of H1.
- PTO purchased the 3 blue benches located in front of the MP Room, and we are very proud that one of them was dedicated to our long-time friend, retired teacher, and PTO member, Mrs. Register!
- PTO sponsors the “Have a Heart, Do Your Part!” school supply drive, and collected many new supplies that were distributed to the classrooms.
- PTO provides the students’ award ribbons for our annual Science Fair.
- PTO also supports our teachers by providing popcorn parties and popsicles at various times throughout the year.
PTO meetings are held on the 1st Tuesday night of each month. We meet at 3:30pm in room I-3. We would love for you to join us! All parents, grandparents, guardians, aunts, and uncles are welcome to attend. If you have a student at Skycrest, we want YOUR input! This is YOUR school.
Plan to attend our first meeting on September 1st. It’s so easy to make a difference… all you have to do is show up. We’ll see you there!
DID YOU KNOW??....
You can help earn money for our school by simply shopping at your favorite stores? Target, Raley’s, Sunrise Mall and other stores offer rewards to the school of your choice for shopping with them. In most cases, you can simply register at that store. If you have questions or comments, please contact the school office at 867-2098.
Last Modified on August 31, 2015