Dual Immersion Program Information
Dual Language Immersion is a unique educational program that builds student bilingualism and bi-literacy in English and in Spanish. Instruction is provided by highly trained and caring teachers. Students continue to learn standards-based content while they become fluent in two languages; linguistically and academically.
The Three Pillars of Dual Language Education:
- Bilingualism and Biliteracy: To achieve high level of language proficiency (Speaking, Listening, Reading, and Writing) in the student's primary language and target language.
- High Academic Achievement: To achieve performance at or above grade level in all academic areas in both languages.
- Sociocultural Competence: To develop self-esteem and to understand different cultures.
Students benefit from Dual Language Immersion because:
- Young children learn a second language more naturally at a young age.
- Bi-literate skills give students the options for careers requiring multilingual skills.
- The study of a second-language helps develop strong thinking and reasoning skills useful for problem-solving.
- Parents must be actively involved in their child’s education by reinforcing the target language at home.
- Attendance is critical. Every day counts!
- It is a long-term commitment. Students experience greater social and academic outomes the longer they are in the program.
Last Modified on January 10, 2021