Dual Immersion Program Information
Dual Language Immersion is a unique educational program that builds student bilingualism and bi-literacy in English and in Spanish. Instruction is provided by highly trained and caring teachers. Students continue to learn standards-based content while they become fluent in two languages; linguistically and academically.
The goals of the program include:
- Bilingualism-The development of high levels of proficiency in the student’s first and second language
- Bi-literacy-The performance at or above grade level in academic areas in both
- Multiculturalism-To understand different cultures and the development of high self-esteem.
Students benefit from Dual Language Immersion because:
If you choose to enroll your child in the Dual Language Immersion program, it is important to consider:
- Young children learn a second language more naturally at a young age.
- Bi-literate skills give students the options for careers requiring multilingual skills.
- The study of a second-language helps develop strong thinking and reasoning skills useful for problem-solving.
- Parents must be actively involved in their child’s education using their home language.
- Attendance is critical. Every day counts!
- It is a long-term commitment. Students benefit when staying in the program through the years.
For more information:
For program information,
Contact the Office of English Learners/Multicultural Education
For open enrollment information,
Contact San Juan Central Enrollment
(916) SAN-JUAN or