The Health and Wellness Committee was created to raise awareness and improve the health of the school community. One quarter of children in California entering Jr. High are obese. For the first time, children will live shorter lives than their parents.
We know that kids who eat healthy foods:
- Are better prepared to learn
- Have increased concentration and improved test scores
- Attend school regularly
- Exhibit positive attitudes and require less disciplinary action and reminders
The Committee is:
- Working with classroom liaisons to help with Trottin' Tuesdays.
- Working on ideas for the newsletters including tips and links to websites.
- Brainstorming ways to offer support in any way related to health and wellness.