Counselors for the School Year 2021-22
(counselors remain with their graduating class)
Freshmen: Katie Sowa -- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule an appointment with your 9th grade counselor → https://sanjuanschools.as.me/mspedretti
Sophomores: Lauren Williams -- email@example.com
- Schedule an appointment with your 10th grade counselor → https://sanjuanschools.as.me/mswilliams
Juniors: Shelley Snyder -- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule an appointment with your 11th grade counselor → https://sanjuanschools.as.me/msbesso
Seniors: Elyna Cespedes -- email@example.com
- Schedule an appointment with your 12th grade counselor → https://sanjuanschools.as.me/mscespedes
504 & English Language Learners: Lauren Trainor
- Schedule an appointment with your counselor → e-mail & scheduling link coming soon...
Counseling Secretary – (Enrollment, general counseling department information)
Miste Bridge -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (916) 971-5025
Fax: (916) 971-5011
Bella Vista Course Change Policy
Bella Vista schedules students into classes based on course requests, prior grades, and teacher recommendations. Students and parents may request a course change through their counselor within the first ten (10) school days of the semester. A student choosing to drop a course after the ten day window will receive a drop "F" grade on their transcript. If a teacher identifies misplacement beyond ten days, s/he may initiate a level change by the end of the first grading period. The student's grade will transfer to the new course.
Criteria for requesting a schedule change:You are enrolled in a class that you have already passed or taken and do not need.
You took the class in summer school and passed it.
You have a hole in your schedule that needs to be filled.
You need a level change for an academic course (example: Honors to regular or a Math level change).
You want to Request to change an elective (not guaranteed that we can accommodate your Request).
How to request a schedule change Fall 2021:
If students would like to request a schedule change, they can choose to either meet with their counselor at BV or submit their request through a Google Form. The Google Form will be emailed and available on the BV website beginning August 9th. Counselors will not be accepting schedule change requests via email.
We will be having 2 schedule change days for students, Monday, August 9th and Tuesday, August 10th in the Small Gym Annex. Please be patient as we expect lines.
- Monday, August 9th from 9-11am: Last names beginning with A-G (Grades 9-12)
- Monday, August 9th from 1-3pm: Last names begining with H-O (Grades 9-12)
- Tuesday, August 10th from 9-11am: Last names beginning with P-Z (Grades 9-12)
- Tuesday, August 10th from 1-3pm: All Grade Make Up
AP Course Schedule Change Request:
In order to request a schedule change for an AP course; you will need to:
1. Fill out the google form below:
2. Turn in a signed request form to your counselor
Parents can schedule an appointment with their student’s counselor by using the acuity scheduling link listed above. You can also contact the secretary Ms. Bridge at email@example.com or call the Counseling Office at (916) 971-5025.
Parent Information NightsYou can find information for the current school year's parent information night by clicking here.
If you are a college admissions representative and wish to set up a visit to Bella Vista High School, please email the Library Media teacher, Mrs. Sloan, at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need general information about Bella Vista, including staff contact numbers and events at Bella Vista; homework requests and San Juan Student Information System Parent Portal, PIN & Passwords you may email email@example.com.
Bella Vista Front Desk
Phone: (916) 971-5051
Fax: (916) 971-5011
Registrar – (transcript requests, withdrawals, student records, verification of education)Debbie Carpenter: email - firstname.lastname@example.org / Phone: (916) 971-5050 / Fax: (916) 971-5011
Final transcripts are mailed home in January and June. Please make copies for unofficial purposes. For details on how to order transcripts, please click here.