At Carmichael we believe that every child can learn, develop, and make a significant contribution to our program.
We believe the school’s function is to...
- educate the child.
- provide a safe and nurturing learning environment.
- teach students to be responsible and to respect others.
- teach that for every freedom there is a responsibility.
- teach awareness of personal hygiene and appearance.
- encourage children to be creative and to explore their interests.
- teach moral and ethical values.
- have their educational needs met at their ability level.
- learn in a safe environment and be treated with respect.
- be disciplined fairly and in accord with school rules.
- have caring teachers who are aware of the latest educational developments.
- be informed about their progress and to have their parents receive open, direct communication from the school.
- be responsible for their behavior and school work.
- respect peers, adults, and the school and state rules.
- come to school on time, and be well-manned and clean.
- have pride in their school.
- be responsible for their books and other personal and school materials.
- actively support and reinforce school programs both disciplinary and academic.
- oversee their children’s work at home and see that it is returned by the due date.
- generate respect for the school staff, property, and program.
- send their children to school clean, rested, and well-fed and with provisions for lunch.
- plan for dealing with inappropriate behaviors.
Last Modified on June 8, 2014