Hello and Welcome to Dr. Gordon'sPhysical Education Home Page.Philosophy: I believe that all people can learn, they just have to find what motivates them! I strive to find ways to spark each students interest in living a healthy lifestyle and support their personal journey to becoming the best person that "THEY" choose to become.This page is designed so all students can find resources that demonstrate all of the major ideas outlined by the state physical education content standards for High School Course 2 and High School Course 3F Weight Training & Fitness. Please use the information to drive your personal research and assist you in the passing of my independence driven physical education classes.PE 2 Culminating Projects: All students will be given a chance to show how "THEY" have learned the content standards.Final #1: All students will be asked to design their own physical education class. Each student will be asked to come up with their own warm-up that is specific to the sport or activity that they intend to participate in. You will be expected to be active for at least 40 minutes (per 1 hour class session) class sessions as per the state standards. Each person must write their own personal journal even if they choose to participate in a team based activity as all people choose to be active for their own personal reasons.Final# 2: will require each student to design, implement and analyze the effectiveness of their very own personal heath, fitness and wellness program. This project will include ,1- appropriate personal health and fitness goals, 2- a calendar showing the daily health and fitness plan that helps the student to achieve their specific personal goals, 3-a detailed personal journal to document each days activities etc.and 4- a demonstration (video/in-class movements) of the activities shown in the calendar.
Effects of Activity
1. Motor Skills - running, shooting, jumping (Do)
2. Movement Patterns (Know) eg analyze correct squat technique
3. Strategies - Program Plan Design = what do you want to participate in? basketball, aerobic walking, weight training, yoga or meditation (Know)
1. Muscular Strength/Endurance (Do) - Push-ups, squats, inverted rows, walking/running/biking/hiking
2. Aerobic/Anaerobic Fitness Days (Do) Run, walk, playing football, HIIT, Yoga, calisthenics workouts
3. Journal = describe in own words how the plan is progressing , how you feel, re-assess goals based on fit test results (Know)
1. Do I have a fitness plan and am I following it, if i miss, how long before I restart the plan? (Do)
2. We are all built different how do I respect others and value that they are different?
3. Group Dynamics - how to work with others (Know)