John Barrett Middle School
2013 - 2017
As an innovative community of creative thinkers, John Barrett Middle School’s mission is to develop the personal, academic and social growth of our students as they strive to reach their greatest potential by setting high expectations while inspiring a passion for life-long learning, strengthening 21st century skills, and fostering individual responsibility within a safe, nurturing environment.
- All students will engage daily in collaborative work in and across all subject areas
- All students will consistently demonstrate respect, responsibility, and safety within the Barrett community
- Within each school year, all students will show improvement in reading, writing and analytical skills across all subjects measured quarterly
- Our students will select and apply the most appropriate current technology within each of their learning tasks
- By the spring of 2017 there will be a 50% increase in students feeling safe at Barrett
- Classroom and home suspension rates will decrease by 10% each year overall and within targeted student groups.
Last Modified on February 3, 2020