WELCOME TO CLASS! This is a great opportunity for you and me to know more about the Spanish language and the Hispanic culture. As your teacher, I will plan interesting lessons, projects, and state my expectations clearly. I will try to assist you, the student, in doing your best and reaching your full potential as your quest for knowledge begins.
My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, do not hesitate to contact me.
Here are a few suggestions on how to create a successful Distant Learning environment:
1. Students should have a set work space where he/she can participate in zoom meetings, complete assignments, and keep their supplies. It is important that students feel a sense of organization and structure.
2. Be prepared for your zoom meetings. Double check the days and times of your meetings. Links are posted on Google classroom stream
3. BE PATIENT & HAVE A POSITIVE MINDSET! Remember this situation is new to all of us.
A few more important points:
- Attendance will be taken for each class period. It is important that students attend the daily zoom meetings and complete all assignments. All assignments are worth points; these points go towards students' academic grades for the course. We will be using the traditional A-F grading system. Grades are weighted. Assessments are weighted the most.
- Participation in the zoom meetings will be an integral part of the final grade.
- Spanish 1 and Spanish 2 are high-school level courses and students are required to maintain a B average in order to be recommended to move to the next level.
- Please, make sure your contact information is updated in Google Classroom and the portal. Email will be our primary form of communication with guardians. It is extremely important that your email is entered correctly.
Student Portal, Zoom and Google classroom will be the distant learning platform.
During DL students will be expected to log into Student Portal as if they were "walking onto campus". Joining our Zoom and opening up Google classroom is like "stepping into Room #38".
Señora Shoemaker-Garciia's Schedule:
1st Period: Spanish 1
2nd Period: 6th Exploration-Intro to Spanish
3rd Period: Spanish 1
4th Period: Prep
5th Period: Spanish 2
6th Period: Spanish 2SUPPLY LISTLink:LINK:
Last Modified on August 17, 2020