Hello and welcome to Room E4! Fifth grade will be an exciting and challenging learning experience for your child. The fifth grade team has designed a unique learning environment which focuses on individual student needs and enables students to grow socially,emotionally, physically, and academically. In the course of the school year an atmosphere will be provided that fosters problem solving skills,creativity, and communication skills. Communication between parents,students, and the teacher is integral to the development of this positive learning environment. When all parties are informed of rules, classroom expectations, and routines, the school year can be more successful. I am very thrilled to be starting a new school year. We have a lot of learning ahead of us!
Class supply list for Mrs. Higgins 5th graders
These are things that students will need throughout the school year:
- 1 Backpack (Please no rolling backpacks)
- 2 White Board Markers
- Pencils (Please no mechanical pencils)
- Eraser- 1 large and 3-4 Pencil top erasers
- 1 Glue Stick – No Elmers or liquid glue (we have plenty)
- 2 Wide Rule Spiral Notebooks
- 1 pair of Scissors - Please write name on with permanent pen
- Headphones in a large (gallon size) Ziplock bag (For Computers)
Please No Binders!
- Planner - $5.00 donation (Purchase in school office)
Class Donations List – We would appreciate anything you can send in.
2. Paper – (8 ½ X 11) to use in printers and copy machines
3. Plastic Ziplock sandwich or gallon size bags
We recognize that many families wish to provide supplies for their own student or donate materials for the entire school community and are welcome to do so at any time. The supplies listed are suggested materials and are not required of any student or family to fully participate in the school’s academic program. All required materials and supplies will be provided by schools to students at no cost.
Last Modified on September 5, 2019