Welcome to Mr. Edgemon's Page
Distance Learning in Effect
Chromebooks: Families are encouraged to have their student use a Chromebook. This allows everyone to be on the same operating system for us all to collaborate remotely to solve technology issues that may arise.Remind - Students, Parents... Sign Up if you have not yet joined. Remind is an easy way to reach me.Googe Classroom - This is the primary place for students to interface as a class. Log in to the Student Portal and check in daily.
Click here for a copy of the 5th Grade Supply Letter
ExpectationsSimilar to student expecations in the in-person environment, I believe that all students can behave appropriately. In my experience, students behave appropriately in the classroom environment. However, I will not allow a student to keep me from teaching and/or any student from learning. In the Zoom classroom, the same in-class agreements are implemented:
Our Classroom Agreements:
- Give and show respect at the highest level.
- Make good decisions.
- Solve problems.
Zoom Expectations - Be prepared for all Zoom sessions. Remember, Zoom is our classroom!
Appropriate behavior is reinforced with verbal encouragement.
It is the student's choice to follow rules or not. If a student chooses not to follow these rules, the following consequences may be given. Depending on the severity of the situation, students may automatically be referred to the office.
- Warning: A warning to the student via chat or email.
- Mute Student: Student is muted in the Zoom Classroom.
- Stop Video: Student video is stopped in the Zoom Classroom.
- One-on-One: Student and teacher conference via Break Out Room or Zoom conference away from peers.
- Phone call, email, or note to parents
- Student/Parent Conference: To be conducted over Zoom
- Office Referral
Workspace and Required Materials:
Each student will need a dedicated workspace and materials for learning:
- A workspace that is separate from "home". Preferably a dedicated spot for Zooming, learning, and working.
- An organized binder with planner, tabbed dividers, pencil pouch.
- Sharpened pencils and pens (blue or black only), red pen for correction, white board marker
- Accelerated Reader book
Last Modified on August 10, 2020